cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt8
Engaged Sweeper III
I would love the ability to merge two assets into one. I have a common issue that happens where I create an "offline" (as in not a scannable device) like a printer that isn't networked. I add all the relevant details (serial, name, location, comments). Then in the future, the printer becomes networked - Lansweeper picks it up and adds it a second time.

At this point, I would like to be able to check a box next to each and pick "Merge", where I can select which information to keep from each field if they do not match.

A more powerful suggestion would be have LS do this automatically if the serial numbers match. My only fear with this is the lack of control is choosing how information is overwritten.
6 REPLIES 6
javier_delgadil
Engaged Sweeper
wainting for an answer from Admins.
Thanks.
kbecker
Engaged Sweeper II
Is this possible yet? or is it still something we are waiting on.

I have duplicate devices and would like a way to merge them.
for instance i have servers that are VMware
the ipscan found the VMware info and the AD scan find the servers....but both are listed as they are the same device.
Matt8
Engaged Sweeper III
Good to know it is at least on your radar, thanks.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The ability to manually merge assets has been on our customer wish list for a while, but we have no release date for this feature unfortunately.
hexoxssaa
Engaged Sweeper II
Susan.A wrote:
The ability to manually merge assets has been on our customer wish list for a while, but we have no release date for this feature unfortunately.

Hey Susan, Maybe you should consider this post too. serial numbers mentioned above could be other custom attribute too( location, custom UUID etc.)
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
hexoxssaa wrote:
Susan.A wrote:

Hey Susan, Maybe you should consider this post too. serial numbers mentioned above could be other custom attribute too( location, custom UUID etc.)

Replied to the other topic just now. We are unlikely to allow customers to change the internal IDs of scanned assets, as this could lead to all kinds of odd scanning behaviors. Allowing you to merge manually seems preferable.