cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chloe
Engaged Sweeper
Hi I am new in LanSweeper, Anyone can help? I have the problem in scan pc.

I have RED in color from the Computer tab in LanSweeper Console.
once I run the LSclient.exe in some of the pc error below will show in the errorlog.
only some of the pc in AD will have this problem.

====================================================
23/07/2009 10:30:16 AM : MYPC
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeperservice.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeperservice.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
====================================================
6 REPLIES 6
chloe
Engaged Sweeper
How do I check the account used to configure lansweeperservice.exe got enough right?
because I use local administrator to configure the account, but now I use Domain Admins Account to login to the LanSweeper PC

for clear view,
I have AD in the network, and I install the Lansweeper into a normal PC (for testing) with local administrator to configure it.
and later on, i notice it may need domain administrator right in Lansweeper pc inorder to get the information from LSclient.exe. so now i login the Lansweeper Server pc by using the Domain Admin account.

only some of the user have this problem, not all.

From the Web base, the error for that particuliar pc shown as below:
Wmierror The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) ORIX019 (192.168.2.45) 27/07/2009 10:55:41 AM

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
How do I check the account used to configure lansweeperservice.exe got enough right?

Open services.msc on the lansweeper server, click on the service and check the username used.

I have AD in the network, and I install the Lansweeper into a normal PC (for testing) with local administrator to configure it.

Make sure the service runs under the domain administrator account instead of the local administrator.

From the Web base, the error for that particuliar pc shown as below:
Wmierror The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) ORIX019 (192.168.2.45) 27/07/2009 10:55:41 AM

Please see this page : http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/notfound.aspx
chloe
Engaged Sweeper
From user side, aftter they run the bat file the, the messange below will shown.
=================
Lansweeper client
-----------------
Connecting...
Success
=================
chloe
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for reply,
I using version 3.5.1

I write a bat file as below to ask some of my user to run it. user will access the bat file from network and run it with their own user profile.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"\\netpc\Lan Sweeper\lsclient.exe" 192.168.2.168
----------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a need for user to have local administrator? or domain administrator?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
chloe wrote:

Is that a need for user to have local administrator? or domain administrator?

The user don't need any special rights.
everything you do is ok.

You only need to check if the account you used to configure lansweeperservice.exe has enough rights to read these user properties in AD
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This means that the account running the scan doens't have right to look up the username of the pc in active directory (maybe you made special changes for some users)
Which is your version of lansweeperservice.exe?