cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, in the last weeks I've faced a lot of new vírus that were not detected by an antivirus, so I had to figure out how they have entered in the computer. I've installed this neat action to check logged in user internet history, and it also works for files accessed:
1. get this great nirsoft utility http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iehv.html
2. add this action:
\\server\share$\Lansweeper\iehv.exe -folder "\\{computer}\c$\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\History" 

That's it, you get the history and you can easilly know where that vírus come from, many of them are from google searches and they only install when clicking on the search result, if you click directly on the link it does nothing. I will not post examples since I could be helping to spread those vírus - they offer themselfs to the user as being an antivirus sofware,
14 REPLIES 14
jgranese
Engaged Sweeper II
I have setup BrowserHistoryView and it is working

Get it here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/browsing_history_view.html

This is the action I used:

{actionpath}BrowsingHistoryView.exe /HistorySource 7 /ComputerName {computer} /VisitTimeFilterType 1 /StopIECacheTask 1

I still have to click OK but the setting are what works for me. The download page has the parameters if you need to change some.
Tizi
Engaged Sweeper
jgranese wrote:
I have setup BrowserHistoryView and it is working

Get it here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/browsing_history_view.html

This is the action I used:

{actionpath}BrowsingHistoryView.exe /HistorySource 7 /ComputerName {computer} /VisitTimeFilterType 1 /StopIECacheTask 1

I still have to click OK but the setting are what works for me. The download page has the parameters if you need to change some.

Thanks this work with Win10 and Win11
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
All good... But I need to get history from IR11...

So the tool BrowderHistoryView from nirsoft looks good, but I can't work out if there is a way to pass the computer name to it automagically (rather than launching and pasting/typing the name).

Argon0
MCanning
Engaged Sweeper
This works great - I have a mix of XP & Win 7 boxes here so I added another action entry:

For Win 7

{actionpath}iehv.exe -folder "\\{computer}\c$\Users\{username}\Local Settings\History"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
add {actionpath} variable to your action
TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
i downloaded the files and save to my actions folder but when i select the action from the Lansweeper web page, I get Error: file not found.

.any thoughts?

the action i have is
iehv.exe -folder "\\{computer}\c$\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\History"
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Is there an easy way to edit these scripts to make them work with Windows XP clients and Windows 7 clients without having to distinguish between them first?

Currently, both of these will only work on Windows XP ("Documents and Settings" folder doesn't exist on W7).

Thanks,
Jono
isit
Engaged Sweeper
I got it working!
isit
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to use this action but, I am having trouble connecting to the user's computer. I have installed the utility (on the lansweeper server under actions) but, when I run the custom action, it only runs is on the server instead of the users pc. In your code, you have "-folder" when I remove this, it gives the server history, when I add it, it gives nothing. So what exactly does folder represent? What do we replace it with if anything?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now