cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulruvalcaba
Engaged Sweeper III
I know you can create a deployment package to install a specific version, but is there a way to create a deployment package to push a search for updates (like you would manually under Help > Check for updates) and then install any available updates?
9 REPLIES 9
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Sorry, didn't see the response on this one.

Have you had a look at Adobe Acrobat in the Task Scheduler as it already has a task that runs that checks for and installs updates as far as I'm aware?

Adobe Acrobat Update Task
This task keeps your Adobe Reader and Acrobat applications up to date with the latest enhancements and security fixes

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/force-updates-on-acrobat-reader-dc/td-p/11046216
I've pretty much been updating each version manually. I'd prefer to have 1 deployment to use that mimics going to Help > Check for Update. That's the 1 thing I'm specifically looking for. I need to be able to trigger a check.
Of course, I'm not sure if this would be the same for different versions of Adobe, or Reader vs Acrobat, but perhaps something that can be easily tweaked.

I'll check out the EULA issue and see if that may be a reason why some are out of date.

CyberCitizen wrote:
Sorry, didn't see the response on this one.

Have you had a look at Adobe Acrobat in the Task Scheduler as it already has a task that runs that checks for and installs updates as far as I'm aware?

Adobe Acrobat Update Task
This task keeps your Adobe Reader and Acrobat applications up to date with the latest enhancements and security fixes

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/force-updates-on-acrobat-reader-dc/td-p/11046216

LANGuy
Engaged Sweeper II
Did you ever figure this out?
paulruvalcaba
Engaged Sweeper III
Unfortunately, no

LANGuy wrote:
Did you ever figure this out?

CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Depends if the users are admin or not, depends on the update method as well, eg Office Click 2 Run can self-update, some applications can, some can't it depends on the application and if you can call the update check.

Most of the time if you are doing software packaging and deployments you are wanting to manage these yourself vs allowing them to auto-update.
Makes sense.

So then what about a script that one can manually push with credentials to do a manual task to a select number of computers?

CyberCitizen wrote:
Depends if the users are admin or not, depends on the update method as well, eg Office Click 2 Run can self-update, some applications can, some can't it depends on the application and if you can call the update check.

Most of the time if you are doing software packaging and deployments you are wanting to manage these yourself vs allowing them to auto-update.

Apaulcolypse wrote:
Makes sense. So then what about a script that one can manually push with credentials to do a manual task to a select number of computers?

Yes but isn't basically what you're doing with pushing the updated installer.

To complete what you're doing you would either do it under the scanning account / system account or the user account. The user account doesn't have admin rights so that won't work. The scanning / system account the user won't be able to see as it runs under a different profile.
Yes, so how can I start?

Essentially if adobe is installed in a profile, it's installed on all profiles. So I could run the script remotely and silently via Lansweeper to check if there are any updates, and then if the answer is yes, to run another script to silently install.

CyberCitizen wrote:
Apaulcolypse wrote:
Makes sense. So then what about a script that one can manually push with credentials to do a manual task to a select number of computers?

Yes but isn't basically what you're doing with pushing the updated installer.

To complete what you're doing you would either do it under the scanning account / system account or the user account. The user account doesn't have admin rights so that won't work. The scanning / system account the user won't be able to see as it runs under a different profile.

paulruvalcaba
Engaged Sweeper III
Anyone? Is it possible?