cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EZAG
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

we have a lot of systems that eat up licences in our client management system. I want to disable them in the active directory and move them to a separate OU (in case i need to reactivate them).

The inactive status in Lansweeper should be ok, but some systems have misconfigured firewalls or are not in the reach of a scanning server.

These systems should change their computer password from time to time. That's why i would like to have a report that shows systems that are not seen in Lansweeper and Active Directory for mor than 90 days.

The query for ad is: Search-ADAccount -AccountInactive –Timespan 90 -Searchbase “OU=Company,DC=Domain,DC=Tld” –ComputersOnly | Sort-Object | FT Name –A

Can someone tell me where i can find this property in Lansweeper?

Thanks
Hannes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You could certainly build a report listing machines that haven't been seen by Lansweeper in a while, but the account status from AD isn't scanned or stored in the Lansweeper database unfortunately. I've added this feature to our customer wish list. I'm not sure if maybe you could query this information directly from the SQL report with OPENQUERY.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ian_midgley
Engaged Sweeper II
Can I add my vote for this to be implemented. It is really annoying that disabled objects in AD are imported into Lansweeper and consume a license. This was okay when the license was unlimited but it is an issue now that we have to pay for them. Even better, make active assets the only ones that consume a license.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You could certainly build a report listing machines that haven't been seen by Lansweeper in a while, but the account status from AD isn't scanned or stored in the Lansweeper database unfortunately. I've added this feature to our customer wish list. I'm not sure if maybe you could query this information directly from the SQL report with OPENQUERY.