cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlos_montes
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello good afternoon,

I' m looking for specific uninstallers of KeePass, i ve checked there 're some uninstallers available in Lansweeper e.g 2.41 2.43 2.44 2.45 and 2.46, but i ve not seen any uninstaller for the rest of versions: 2 .42 2.47 , 2.48 and 2.49.

Could you please give me an idea how to find out a solution for this problem? I dunno if a creation of a script is posible, i'm deploying a package to install the new version and i need to uninstall all previous versions.

thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Carlos_montes
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello guys!

Well Keepass have two different versions, one of 32 bits and other of 64 bits.If u install the 64 bit version does not unistall the 32 bit version.

Cheers Carlos
Carlos Montes wrote:
Hello guys!

Well Keepass have two different versions, one of 32 bits and other of 64 bits.If u install the 64 bit version does not unistall the 32 bit version.

Cheers Carlos

I don't think this is true. There are no separate installers for 32 bit vs 64 bit. Keepass 2.x uses a single installer and runs as either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on the OS it's installed on.

https://keepass.info/help/kb/faq.html#x64

There is the older 1.x version, but it's only 32 bit.
There is no conflict between these two versions though, because they used different file formats.

There's also an installed versus a portable version. The installed version uses either an EXE or MSI installer, while the portable version is just copied to a folder from a zip archive.

Installing a new installed version will replace an existing one. If you're using the portable version there is no uninstaller, you just have to delete the files.

bmercer
Engaged Sweeper II
What's the reason for needing to uninstall the previous version?
Normally it upgrades in place without issue.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now