Notification

Icon
Error

Configuring SSL in IIS Express issue

Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2021 10:45:02 AM(UTC)
saffo

saffo

Member Original PosterPosts: 6
Hello,

So i did the following:
https://www.lansweeper.c...ure-ssl-in-iis-express/

But i get the following error if i try access it:

"NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

I made sure it is the same certificate that i adjusted with the guide.

Anyone exprienced this?

Luke Maslany
#1Luke Maslany Member Posts: 3  
posted: 12/4/2021 4:54:03 PM(UTC)
Just to rule out the basics: is the common name on the certificate the same fully qualified domain name you used in the URL in the web browser?

(remember that if the certificate has a fully qualified domain name, and you try to access it in the browser by IP address or just using the hostname, there will be a mismatch between the names which can result in the error you mention)
saffo
#2saffo Member Original PosterPosts: 6  
posted: 12/6/2021 9:57:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Luke Maslany Go to Quoted Post
Just to rule out the basics: is the common name on the certificate the same fully qualified domain name you used in the URL in the web browser?

(remember that if the certificate has a fully qualified domain name, and you try to access it in the browser by IP address or just using the hostname, there will be a mismatch between the names which can result in the error you mention)

Yes it has but i think the problem is with the SAN in the certificate. It is "DNS-name=localhost". If i type that on the computer where Lansweeper itself is installed then it works as intended but if i try that on another computer then it makes sense that i wont work since it redirects it to itself "localhost". If i try to put the FQDN, IP or pc name of the computer where lansweeper is installed then there is a mismatch since it is looking for "localhost".

saffo attached the following image(s):
Knipsel.JPG
Thorlandus
#3Thorlandus Member Posts: 3  
posted: 5/7/2022 11:51:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: saffo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Luke Maslany Go to Quoted Post

Yes it has but i think the problem is with the SAN in the certificate. It is "DNS-name=localhost". If i type that on the computer where Lansweeper itself is installed then it works as intended but if i try that on another computer then it makes sense that i wont work since it redirects it to itself "localhost". If i try to put the FQDN, IP or pc name of the computer where lansweeper is installed then there is a mismatch since it is looking for "localhost".

Hi, did you fix the issue. I am having exactly the same.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Clearing Thermal State Warning
by  calmed-anodises   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 5/20/2022 6:28:27 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Quality problems with Lansweeper
by  Hendrik.VE  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 5/20/2022 3:43:44 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Bitlocker keys
by  SWResearch   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 5/20/2022 1:34:18 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Lansweeper Helpdesk instructional webinar