cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoZart
Engaged Sweeper II
I ran the patch tuesday report (september) against my updated servers, and a big chunk of them shows kbKB5005573 as not installed.

The update IS installed on the servers, and the machines were scanned 3 days after the update was installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ldockery
Engaged Sweeper II
NoZart wrote:
I ran the patch tuesday report (september) against my updated servers, and a big chunk of them shows kbKB5005573 as not installed.

The update IS installed on the servers, and the machines were scanned 3 days after the update was installed.

Run April's report now and all of your assets will say they are out of date and missing the April patches.

Not sure if this is your issue, but it is important to note that these reports do not count superseding updates. For example, if you run June's report and it shows as all green, then install July cumulative updates, June's report will now show all red and that the required KB is missing (because technically it is - it was superseded).

This makes the couple of days before patch Tuesday the best time to run the most current report. That these reports cannot see cumulative updates reduces their usefulness.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ldockery
Engaged Sweeper II
NoZart wrote:

Run April's report now and all of your assets will say they are out of date and missing the April patches.

Not sure if this is your issue, but it is important to note that these reports do not count superseding updates. For example, if you run June's report and it shows as all green, then install July cumulative updates, June's report will now show all red and that the required KB is missing (because technically it is - it was superseded).

This makes the couple of days before patch Tuesday the best time to run the most current report. That these reports cannot see cumulative updates reduces their usefulness.