cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickHIT
Engaged Sweeper
Hello

I hope someone would be able to help me,

Is anyone aware of a way to delete, remove or hide any of the default ticket states?

regards
7 REPLIES 7
NickHIT
Engaged Sweeper
Apologies for the delayed responses to your replies. Thank you very much. I will have a go.
prighi61
Engaged Sweeper III
You have to use an SQL tool like SQL Server Management Studio to do it manually (use the "Edit the first 300 records" feature or write a Delete SQL script).
To do it programmatically then it depends by the software environment you would use.
rader
Champion Sweeper III
prighi61 wrote:
You have to use an SQL tool like SQL Server Management Studio to do it manually (use the "Edit the first 300 records" feature or write a Delete SQL script).
To do it programmatically then it depends by the software environment you would use.

Prighi61 is right as to the changing or removing them.

However if your concerned about your users changing them, you might want to try this: Configuration, General Settings, Users Permissions, Users may alter ticket state. That should keep their mitts of those types.

Or this: Same area, Auto assign, Other exclusions - Add exclusion. This might allow you to exclude ticket types here. This would prevent the ticket types from being auto-assigned as I understand it.
NickHIT
Engaged Sweeper
How would I go about doing this?
prighi61
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi rader,

I'm afraid the only way is to delete them from the htblticketstates table.
rader
Champion Sweeper III
Can you send a screenshot to describe what you're seeing?
NickHIT
Engaged Sweeper
rader wrote:
Can you send a screenshot to describe what you're seeing?

please see attached.

regards