cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Selles
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

We would like to Exclude some users details from being scanned.
because not all users are relevant and some are even "sensitive".
Our helpdesk should not have to see the details.

Perhaps is even possible when the exclusion is active the account doesn't show as "Last User"

Regards,

Lvv
4 REPLIES 4
Amartya
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Even I am looking for the option to exclude users from scanning. I do not want lansweeper to scan the user details - this is unnecessarily consuming licenses. I do have an alternate method to manage my users.

Please help me.

Regards,
Amartya

Peter_Selles
Engaged Sweeper
Well,

Everything really, even the username.

I basicly comes to this: I dont want to see the user anywhere in lansweeper.

Regards,

Lvv
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which user details do you want to exclude?
Lansweeper wrote:
Which user details do you want to exclude?

You have to decide how the entire exclusion mechanism will manage ALL manually included data. I have 3 devices (all actually inactive and unused servers - in AD) being identified/categorized automaticaly as unknown and (re)added to assets list each time that scheduled scans ran, even after excluded also by IP and by hostname (Windows computer - i've manually changed asset type of each but they keep in assets list and when removed but they back to unknown type and appear again in assets list). That boring loop is driving me crazy and angry. By the way, why the hell a default location needs to persistently count as an ASSET (same "unknown" type loop)? You have to change that behaviour to NEVER put excluded data in assets list! It seems like you purposelly left it that way to force some more license spends (change my mind). Version: 9.0.0.17.