cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddownes
Engaged Sweeper
We need to be able to have another user added as the CC user to tickets when they are a certain type. The CC user will vary as they are the parent of the student related to the ticket.
I am planning to do this via an API call so we can have some business logic that looks up the parent related to the student.

I want to add CC user to the new ticket or edit an existing ticket and add CC user.

Thanks
Dean
3 REPLIES 3
drobertson
Engaged Sweeper III
If lansweeper wont provide an API call for this, just add cc users to the ticket using a database query. Accessing the sql db directly is not always recommended, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get the job done.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The API currently only allows one user to be added via AddTicket unfortunately. Additional users can also not be added via EditTicket. We've moved this topic to the wishlist section of our forum and have added your request to our API improvement item on our customer wishlist. At this moment in time we cannot yet guarantee that this feature will be implemented and cannot provide you with an estimated release date.
hrondo
Engaged Sweeper
Bruce.B wrote:
The API currently only allows one user to be added via AddTicket unfortunately. Additional users can also not be added via EditTicket. We've moved this topic to the wishlist section of our forum and have added your request to our API improvement item on our customer wishlist. At this moment in time we cannot yet guarantee that this feature will be implemented and cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

Hi Bruce, I was quite frustrated to find this request still not implemented in over 4 years. What you describe is a 'user concerning' field, that is somewhat understandably limited to just one user. What ddownes and I are asking for is the adding of CC users to be implemented in the EditTicket API call. It would be nice to also have a new 'CC Users' return value in the GetTicket call.

Our current workaround to automate this process is using Python and Selenium, which is very inefficient and most importantly error prone. I hope you will be able to implement this functionality sometime soon.

Sincerely,
Dominik