cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktran70
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

LsAgent seems to be uninstalling itself on some systems. There are two scenarios we see:
1. LsAgent directory is intact and the LsAgent sends regular reports, but it does not show up in the software list.
2. LsAgent is completely removed.

Has anyone encountered this issue?
8 REPLIES 8
dbsooner09
Engaged Sweeper III
My weekly deployment of the LsAgent ran while this was grunged up so hopefully, this will clean itself up and maybe the "old" version will update or remove itself once it realizes the new version is there.
cmullins
Engaged Sweeper III
They released a new Version of LanSweeper and the Agent. After updating the Server and the Agent, this update seems to have resolved the issue with the LSAgent.
dbsooner09
Engaged Sweeper III
I got word from support that this is a bug in the latest release. They will be addressing it in the next release sometime this month.

-Below we will also add some more information about the LsAgent issue, its cause and the functional impact:
• In the latest versions of LsAgent, 8.4.100.142 and 8.4.100.144, the LansweeperAgentService.exe file has a different version, e.g. 8.4.100.1 in the latest one.
• When LsAgent is installed, an entry is added to the registry that uses the installer version in the registry key, e.g. 8.4.100.144.
• Whenever the LsAgent service restarts, it cleans up old registry entries. This effectively means it removes registry entries that have a version number that differs from its own.
o This mechanism is in place to keep the registry clean after updates.
• Since there is this version mismatch, the service is cleaning up its own registry entry when it shouldn't.
• Since Lansweeper scans software directly from the registry (the same data source as Add/Remove Programs), this is also causing the scan to remove LsAgent from the asset's software list in Lansweeper.
cmullins
Engaged Sweeper III
We have 1000+ systems and only 400 or so are now showing up with LSAgent in the Software list once it started updating to the LSAgent 8.4.

Just to see if it's not showing up or uninstalling in LanSweeper, I ran a Report out of Altiris and the numbers almost match perfectly, so it looks like it's uninstalling it. BUT, when I spot checked several, it looks like there is a current LSAgent Scan Date on a few.

Is there a fix for this yet?
dbsooner09
Engaged Sweeper III
Seeing this as well, also noticed that ours is not auto-updating like it's supposed to.
ktran70
Engaged Sweeper
That is similar to us. We have around 200 systems and about 10 have that problem.
MCBowman
Engaged Sweeper II
LsUsers70 wrote:
Hi,

LsAgent seems to be uninstalling itself on some systems. There are two scenarios we see:
1. LsAgent directory is intact and the LsAgent sends regular reports, but it does not show up in the software list.
2. LsAgent is completely removed.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

I have seen less than a dozen systems, out of 400-ish systems. Some of them take my automated reinstall, some of them don't. Some of the ones that take the reinstallation will automatically uninstall it a few hours later.
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
I haven't seen LsAgent uninstall itself, but we are seeing it not showing up in the software list. I've got a case open with support about it.