cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrkon
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
We need to add a couple of registry keys under HKCU and thought LanSweeper might be able to help.
At the moment I have created a deployment package with a Command type entry.

One example is:
REG ADD HKCU\Software\Key\Key\Key\ /f /v Value /t REG_DWORD /d 2

There are three of these command entries in the job. The job is then set to run as the current user.
The first two commands are set to Next on Success and STOP on failure. The third command is set to STOP on Success and Failure.

We deploy this to a computer where the user is logged on and the job seems to execute (we can find the registry keys) but for some reason the job waits 5 minutes and returns

Result: Package timeout reached. Unknown last result. Timeout: (300Sec).

Does anyone know why it doesn't report a successful completion?

7 REPLIES 7
bginchereau
Engaged Sweeper
darrkon wrote:
Hi,
We need to add a couple of registry keys under HKCU and thought LanSweeper might be able to help.
At the moment I have created a deployment package with a Command type entry.

One example is:
REG ADD HKCU\Software\Key\Key\Key\ /f /v Value /t REG_DWORD /d 2

There are three of these command entries in the job. The job is then set to run as the current user.
The first two commands are set to Next on Success and STOP on failure. The third command is set to STOP on Success and Failure.

We deploy this to a computer where the user is logged on and the job seems to execute (we can find the registry keys) but for some reason the job waits 5 minutes and returns

Result: Package timeout reached. Unknown last result. Timeout: (300Sec).

Does anyone know why it doesn't report a successful completion?

I realize this thread is old, however I am running into a similar issue. In my case I am running the same type of deployment, though my Lansweeper returns success. Upon checking the registry and rebooting the affected PC, this is not the case. The original DWORD value persists.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

I would recommend sending our support team a email then. To start you can include the following in your email:

• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.

• An .xml export of your deployment package. Select the package under Deployment\Packages and hit the Export button on the right side of the page, right below the package name.

• Screenshot of a testconnection.exe test performed to one target machine with a failed deployment. Connect to the client machine's name (and not its IP address), as this is what Lansweeper connects to for deployments as well. Testconnection.exe can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the machine's Windows credential and show us the entire test window.

• An Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page. There is an Export To Excel button on the left side of the page.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It would seem logical to run it as the current users since otherwise it might have issues actually performing the task since it needs to access the local user's registry.

Should the deployment not finish I would recommend updating since your version is quite old.
darrkon
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
It would seem logical to run it as the current users since otherwise it might have issues actually performing the task since it needs to access the local user's registry.

Should the deployment not finish I would recommend updating since your version is quite old.

Hi Charles,
I have updated our LANSweeper installation to the latest version. The registry key deployment job still does not end successfully when running as Logged On User 😞

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Strange. I just tested your example and it worked for me perfectly.

What Lansweeper version are you on?
darrkon
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:

This only seems to happen if I run the job as logged on user. Running it as System Account or Scanning Credentials finishes successfully.

I am just not sure if the registry keys go into the correct place now - will update with results.
darrkon
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:

We are running v. 6065