cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stacho_chladny
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi I have problem with scanning Active Directory Groups which are associated to AD users. I made some changes recently and do not see added AD Groups in AD USER card. I can see old AD Groups to which AD USER belongs but not the new ones.

Does anybody has the same problem?

I experienced this after 8.4.20.2 update. Today I updated to most recent version but problem still occurs.

Notes:

1)I do not see new added AD Groups in ADObjectID table.
2)Attached detail of AD Groups from AD for user
3)Attached detail of scanned AD Groups in lansweeper
4)Scans are performed properly, because when I change OU of the user in AD I can see the change in user details in lanweeper, just AD Groups of the user do not refresh / update.
3 REPLIES 3
cross_eur
Engaged Sweeper II
I had a similar problem, and I had to redelegate permissions for the Lansweeper account on the user OUs. Once done, evertyhing came back to normal.
cross_eur wrote:
I had a similar problem, and I had to redelegate permissions for the Lansweeper account on the user OUs. Once done, evertyhing came back to normal.

Hello. Do not understand. Scanning of user OUs is done with global settings or additional credentials. I thought (and it worked) that global credentials should be OK (it needs only AD read permission) and no other access is required. Actually I do not know how to redelegate permission on the user OUs.

Could you please explain.

Thanks
SCH wrote:
cross_eur wrote:

Hello. Do not understand. Scanning of user OUs is done with global settings or additional credentials. I thought (and it worked) that global credentials should be OK (it needs only AD read permission) and no other access is required. Actually I do not know how to redelegate permission on the user OUs.

Could you please explain.

Thanks

Already understood. Everythings works now. Problem was, that we selected only particular OUs (where users are located) to be scanned and did not selected OUs (where list of AD Groups are located).

We just added scanning target, new AD Groups were added and User details shows everything.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now