cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is that time again. Microsoft is leaving behind some of its older OS versions and ending support. To help you manage this, we've created a blog detailing the changes, and also a report that covers all of the currently known EOL dates for Windows.

Visit the blog post here.

9 Comments
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
When will Lansweeper properly report version numbers? Once we have updated beyond 2004, all of our devices will report as being 2009.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
brodiemac-too wrote:
When will Lansweeper properly report version numbers? Once we have updated beyond 2004, all of our devices will report as being 2009.

It's actually technically correct. Windows WMI still lists Windows version in the old style. While they display & market it as 20H2.

You can run the following powershell script to see it for yourself:
Get-ComputerInfo  | select windowsversion
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
That is true for 20H2 but 21H1 also reports as 2009
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
brodiemac-too wrote:
That is true for 20H2 but 21H1 also reports as 2009

Did some digging. It's a Microsoft issue, multiple people are complaining about it:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/it-tools-to-support-windows-10-version-21h1/bc-p/2367481/highlight/true#M2747
https://twitter.com/SMSagentTrevor/status/1394869259742896130?s=19

You are indeed correct, I spun up a VM:

Unfortunately, not much we can do about it until MS fixes their own mistake. One way to get around it is to use the build version to determine the OS version in your report (similar to what we do in the Patch Tuesday reports).
In case you are wondering, the patch Tuesday reports use that method because before LS 7, we didn't scan the version directly, so it's kinda legacy code
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Quick update that we are looking at ways to resolve this 😉
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hopefully it will be fixed at the June Patch Tuesday.
Alovey
Engaged Sweeper
Esben.D wrote:
It is that time again. Microsoft is leaving behind some of its older OS versions and ending support. To help you manage this, we've created a blog detailing the changes, and also a report that covers all of the currently known EOL dates for Win

Is there a way for this report to JUST show the old Windows 10 versions (1507 to 1909)? I've been trying, but I'm a hardware person not a programmer, please help??
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Alovey wrote:
Esben.D wrote:
It is that time again. Microsoft is leaving behind some of its older OS versions and ending support. To help you manage this, we've created a blog detailing the changes, and also a report that covers all of the currently known EOL dates for Win

Is there a way for this report to JUST show the old Windows 10 versions (1507 to 1909)? I've been trying, but I'm a hardware person not a programmer, please help??

At the bottom of the report, adjust the where clause to:

Where tblOperatingsystem.Caption Like '%Windows 10%' And tblState.Statename =
'Active' and tblAssets.Version in ('1507','1909')

You can add as many versions there as you want.

Alternatively, to just show all EOL versions, you could do:

Where tblOperatingsystem.Caption Like '%Windows 10%' And tblState.Statename =
'Active' and GetDate() >= subquery1.[EOL Date]
Alovey
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you SO much!!!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now