cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gyorvari
Engaged Sweeper
It could be nice security improvement to use individual local password stored in the Active Directory Computer Object instead of using same credential in the bunch of computer.
In case of using same credential one compromised computer cause lateral movement of the attacker.
Use of the LAPS password can mitigate this.
19 REPLIES 19
rader
Champion Sweeper III
nointegerallowed wrote:
This is so badly needed, I think if we don't get Firefox fixed and LAPS support, 2021 will be our last year with Lansweeper.

What's wrong with Firefox? It's my daily driver for LS.
hirogen
Engaged Sweeper III
rader wrote:
nointegerallowed wrote:
This is so badly needed, I think if we don't get Firefox fixed and LAPS support, 2021 will be our last year with Lansweeper.

Whats LS and yeah whats with firefox ?
rader
Champion Sweeper III
hirogen wrote:
rader wrote:
nointegerallowed wrote:

Whats LS and yeah whats with firefox ?

My shorthand for Lansweeper.
GulfMarco
Engaged Sweeper III
For consideration through - there needs to be a layer of security. We wouldn't want say View Assets to be able to view the LAPS password, as we may give that permission to our audit/compliance folks.
GulfMarco
Engaged Sweeper III
Bump. same request here
christina_weber
Engaged Sweeper
Would be great!!! Please implement this!
SystemAdmin
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there any plan to implement this as it's being brought up in a security report?
pawel_lezon
Engaged Sweeper
It will be great if LAPS password can be shown also with expiration date and older passwords will be available in the history.
In case of eg. system restore we could easily find local admin password which was used.
TekTok
Engaged Sweeper II
+1 - Bump.

Yes, LAPS asset scanning would be a very much appreciated feature. I have seen other "Asset Scanning" products have implemented it. Hopefully Lansweeper will have it soon too? 🙂
rwllr
Engaged Sweeper II
This would be supported by the much requested custom AD attribute sync feature