Notification

Icon
Error

Stop deployment

Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:48:16 PM(UTC)
sullivane

sullivane

Member Original PosterPosts: 190
The deployment feature desperately needs stop\cancel functions.
Susan.A
#1Susan.A Member Administration Posts: 1,536  
posted: 2/15/2016 10:26:21 PM(UTC)
When a deployment is initiated, scheduled tasks are generated on the target machines. If the tasks haven't been generated yet, you can stop the Lansweeper service to stop the deployment. Once the tasks are generated however, the Lansweeper service has no control over the deployment anymore. A cancellation button has been discussed in a few other threads, but we don't have a release date for this feature yet unfortunately.
mshajin
#2mshajin Member Posts: 21  
posted: 4/12/2016 10:46:07 AM(UTC)
I second this request. A stop/cancel would be very useful. This could effectively execute a taskkill action on the remote computer to kill all associated processes.
HammettMike
#3HammettMike Member Posts: 44  
posted: 6/2/2016 5:36:29 PM(UTC)
"The max duration of the deployment package. When the specified time has elapsed, Lansweeper will stop the deployment. This will ensure that unnecessary processes or failing deployments do not continue to run."

Can't you just change the timeout to zero when canceling the deployment?

I'm more concerned with not being able to push a new deployment until the previous one has timed out, regardless of the status of the client. I can effectively cancel the deployment by rebooting the client, but I still can't push on the server.
HammettMike
#4HammettMike Member Posts: 44  
posted: 8/19/2016 8:37:48 PM(UTC)
It would also be nice to cancel a deployment in situations where it says, "Preliminary checks complete! Initializing deployment.", however it has been 3 hours for a package with a 30 minute timeout.
jbaxter
#5jbaxter Member Posts: 6  
posted: 1/18/2018 8:41:48 PM(UTC)
Just curious, did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm currently in the same boat. I have deployments sitting in "Preliminary checks complete! Initializing deployment" and it's been way past the timeout threshold.
sullivane
#6sullivane Member Original PosterPosts: 190  
posted: 1/18/2018 8:45:30 PM(UTC)
I created an asset action that kills all processes from the username we run out deployments from. If you have a specific username you deploy with here it is:

cmd.exe /K "{actionpath}\psexec.exe \\{smartname} taskkill /f /fi "USERNAME eq <username>"
Justin_Toronto
#7Justin_Toronto Member Posts: 9  
posted: 4/16/2021 2:14:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Susan.A Go to Quoted Post
When a deployment is initiated, scheduled tasks are generated on the target machines. If the tasks haven't been generated yet, you can stop the Lansweeper service to stop the deployment. Once the tasks are generated however, the Lansweeper service has no control over the deployment anymore. A cancellation button has been discussed in a few other threads, but we don't have a release date for this feature yet unfortunately.

this post is 5 years old and there seems to be no stop or cancel function still in deployments. Is this request that hard to implement for your dev team?
Tythesly
#8Tyler M. Member Posts: 31  
posted: 5/12/2021 1:59:22 PM(UTC)
I would like this option to be implemented. Maybe even addon to it the ability to tell the package what it should do in order to undo what it has done so far.

(ex a package that installs a bunch of programs. It installed 3 out of 5. If you click stop it just stops at its current step or if you press cancel it will stop then uninstall the 3 programs.)

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Enterprise Options in Menu Bar/Configuration
by  mk@allan   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 6/18/2021 7:38:43 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper No One getting back to me from Lansweeper
by  Kenneth Lindsay  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 6/18/2021 3:31:06 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper INFO DateTimeService time refresh
by  miharix   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 6/18/2021 10:48:57 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper RPC Unavailable error
by  Greeno  
Last post: 6/17/2021 7:15:07 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Exclude Search
by  pryan67  
Last post: 6/16/2021 4:01:43 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Report: All Apple Mac devices with Memory RAM asset
by  gabrielo   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 6/16/2021 3:17:24 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Does technical support for LS really respond?
by  tosch  
Last post: 6/16/2021 12:48:50 PM(UTC)