cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tman247
Engaged Sweeper II
Can somebody explain why Lansweeper auto-detects a monitor as an asset? We're hitting our license limit, with over 25% of discovered assets being monitors. Most of our users have two (or more) and it's killing our license. Is there a way to exclude a monitor being classed as an asset, but just seen as a device connected to the PC? Worst case, we might need to exclude monitors from detection completely - if that's possible.
6 REPLIES 6
sophiaabigail
Engaged Sweeper

Asset monitoring is the process of tracking physical assets remotely using special hardware and software. Asset monitoring    192.168.l.254     solutions based on IoT technology provide accurate real-time information on an asset's name, location, and status, help schedule maintenance, and notify managers about asset failures.For example, the components of computer hardware would include the computer monitor, the keyboard, the Central Processing Unit, and the modem. These components should be considered part of the computer system and capitalized as a unit.

LauraVictori
Product Team
Product Team

A note about monitors not counting towards the asset limit:

An article about the assets that count toward the Lansweeper licensed asset limit.

I hope it is useful.

Thank you. It did help.  I have a much better view of licensed assets now. 

tman247
Engaged Sweeper II
Ah, ok. Guess it was a bit confusing then. That's a very useful report - thanks for that.
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
Monitors are not counted as a 'licensed asset', but all the rest does.
This report shows you which asset types are eating your license:

Select Top 1000000 tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
Count(tblAssets.AssetID) As Total,
tblState.Statename
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tblAssets.Assettype = tsysAssetTypes.AssetType
Inner Join tblState On tblState.State = tblAssetCustom.State
Where tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename Not Like 'Monitor'
Group By tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tblState.Statename
Order By tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tblState.Statename,
Total Desc
Suntech
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you. This helped me focus on the real assets.