cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vrogers
Engaged Sweeper II
We have several AD users that do not have email and do not need an email address. Unfortunately they are not able to even access the Lansweeper dashboard without entering an email. I've tried using the same email address of another employee that's at the same location, but it won't allow for duplicate entry. I've tried importing a 'User Template' that doesn't have the email column, I saw that on a post from about 3 years ago and it worked then, but sadly does not work now. It gives an error message saying the file is missing the email column. Surely we can't be the only ones that have AD users, or any users for that matter, that have no need for an email address? Would be nice if along with the install of the LSAgent that you'd receive a desktop notification referring to HelpDesk tickets. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Have you tried using a "dummy" email address which is unique to each user?
josh_d
Engaged Sweeper
You are not the only one with this issue. I brought it up over a year ago. We have many users that do not have an email account. It's cost prohibited and there is no reason for some people to have one.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way around this. It's dumb... I don't understand why the AD SamAccountName can't be the primary identifier for a Lansweeper user.