cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilcochris
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has issues when updating.

I went to update a couple of days ago and it went through the update and at the end it said it failed to install the Lansweeper Server Service. I than ran the update again choosing just to install the service and got the same error.

I searched the knowledgebase (for what use it was) and couldn't find a way to install the service.

I had to restore the VM from a backup prior to install to get it working again.

I was trying to update from 8.0.130.37 to the latest version. I followed the instructions here

I like the product but if it can't be updated than what is the point in having it? At least provide proper instructions on how to reinstall the services required
1 REPLY 1
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello,

Could you please send a mail to support@lansweeper.com for this? We'd like to troubleshoot this further and try to find the cause of this.
Please send the following:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.

• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.

• The latest installxxx.log file found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Install folder.

• An export of the eventviewer on the machine you installed Lansweeper on. Export the Windows Logs\Application and Windows Logs\System sections, filtered for the last 7 days. Please use the .evtx format.