cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cchouinard
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I am trying to configure a installer for AutoCAD, the problem is that the setup.exe launch a background process and exit immediately. The installation will eventually be completed successfully but Lansweeper will report "Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available"

How should I deal with those kind of installer with Lansweeper? I still want to trap other failure condition.

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I have had no issues with AutoDesk products but you do need to use the installer to create an installer for remote deployment.

"C:\Windows\Temp\AD.Navisworks.2020.Install\Img\setup.exe" /W /q /I AD.Navisworks.Freedom.2020.ini /language en-us

This is one I was using for Navisworks and had no issues.
CyberCitizen wrote:
I have had no issues with AutoDesk products but you do need to use the installer to create an installer for remote deployment.

"C:\Windows\Temp\AD.Navisworks.2020.Install\Img\setup.exe" /W /q /I AD.Navisworks.Freedom.2020.ini /language en-us

This is one I was using for Navisworks and had no issues.

I had the same problem as CyberCitizen.
I saw that you had /W inbetween, so I used that in my command line and now I get a deployment successfull.
I wanted to reply this, just in case other users have this problem.
cchouinard
Engaged Sweeper
The setup program install multiple applications. The process for creating a unattended installation is quite complex and create a whole directory structure with multiple files.

In the end, the software install correctly, it`s just the setup program that exit after few second with no status, the actual install is running in background and this is confusing Lansweeper.

I am also checking with AutoDesk for a solution (like a parameters on the setup to run in foreground) but no success so far.
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
Is a prerequisite software being installed before Autocad is being installed? If so is this software in the same folder as the autocad software? Just an idea.

Claude Chouinard wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to configure a installer for AutoCAD, the problem is that the setup.exe launch a background process and exit immediately. The installation will eventually be completed successfully but Lansweeper will report "Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available"

How should I deal with those kind of installer with Lansweeper? I still want to trap other failure condition.

thanks