cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

I have been contacting support and did not receive a solution to my updates not completing after the recent upgrade to newest Lansweeper. The only suggestion I received and got to work is uninstalling Lansweeper and Installing a new Lansweeper. I now have an SQL Express install. I saved a copy of my old Lansweeper in a Lansweeper old folder. How do I get the .mdf database into the new SQL database?

Thanks,
Terry
10 REPLIES 10
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
I restarted both of the Lansweeper and IIS services. I was then able to open Lansweeper. I then went to SSMS and was able to logon with windows authentication and do a backup of my Lansweeper. Next will try to update to a more current version but at least I have a backup now.
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
This message normally shows up if the service is not able to find the database. This normally indicates that the Lansweeper LocalDB service is not started or cannot be found.
You should have a file called Lansweeper.LocalDB.Service.txt normally in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service. This could contain more info on why the service files to start.

If any doubt, better send it to support@lansweeper.com for further troubleshooting.
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
Tried to open Lansweeper today and am receiving the error: Update in process. processing script-1 of 214. Any suggestions appreciated!
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
I uninstalled Lansweeper then installed version 6 and restored a copy. I then updated to 7.2.108.6. I can now logon on and use the program. I can also go into Tools and Database Maintenance and see the (localdb)\.\LSInstance\lansweeperdb and have a health status. When I try to open Microsoft SQL Management Studio using server name as: (localdb)\.\LSInstance and SQL Server Authentication and my logon to Lansweeper I receive the error:TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------

Cannot connect to (localdb)\.\LSInstance.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. The specified LocalDB instance does not exist.
) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1983577849)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=-1983577849&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

I checked my services and they are all set to automatic.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Terry
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm afraid I don't have any insight regarding a fix but for what it's worth I had the exact same problem when updating from 8.0.130.23 to 8.0.130.37 on an SQL install.

After about an hour of fiddling I just restored my server from backup as I couldn't afford the downtime for troubleshooting. I'll be sitting out this version.
jshulenberger
Engaged Sweeper
I had the same issues. It treated me as a new install. Contacting support went nowhere. I was able to go in to the "Lansweeper Config Editor" ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Tools\ConfigEditor.exe") and change the database server to my SQL instance (on both the Service, and Website tabs), and everything came right up for me.
jshulenberger wrote:
I had the same issues. It treated me as a new install. Contacting support went nowhere. I was able to go in to the "Lansweeper Config Editor" ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Tools\ConfigEditor.exe") and change the database server to my SQL instance (on both the Service, and Website tabs), and everything came right up for me.

I looked in the Configeditor and have the setting Localdb\. \LSInstance in both Services & Website. Which install did you do? When I open the ConfigEditor I receive an error not connecting to the database.

I have been using the free version for years. This is the first time I had issues when doing an update to the program. I have tried several times to uninstall and install a clean version but every time I keep getting the Scripting error.
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
I uninstalled the SQL version and did an easy install. When I try to start the program through the web interface I get the updating error again. Sticks on updating 1-245.

Frustrated!!!!!
Terry
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
I only have the Lansweeper Server service. Will that work instead of Lansweeper LocalDB?