cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krozar
Engaged Sweeper II
Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat as the organization I work for. The timing for Lansweeper raising their prices last year is proving to be the nail in the coffin for it's continued use in our organization. We had to fight hard to keep it after the pricing increases were announced, and we barely got it approved. Then COVID hit, and our financials took a huge hit. Not surprisingly, the decision was made to cut Lansweeper (among many other things), but this is a huge blow to us techs who use it daily. We've used Lansweeper for over decade, and now we're losing it. The man upstairs looks at it as a way to save $$$, but for those of use who use it daily, it's going to mean a step back into the stone ages.

Anyone else?
5 REPLIES 5
cjcox
Engaged Sweeper III
But LS refusal to improve their probing, their refusal to improve their interface...

My point is I have written something like LS in the past, like 15+ years ago, and even then there were parts that were vastly superior with regards to information gathering.

When you put up barriers and blockades, you're asking for competition. Even FOSS competition (which would mean the greatest discovery tool ever made btw as the community would keep extending it to handle more and more).

My two cents.
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
It might indeed be a huge price jump compared with the peanuts price you paid in the past, but similar Software Solutions often cost 10 times as much, ofcourse offering you plenty of other useless features.

As long as LS stays in the 1€ per asset price range, I think they're hard to beat and definitely prove their value.
stahly8
Engaged Sweeper III
we recently got hit with the huge price hike and we are on a budget freeze to begin with; covid just made it worse for us. just curious if you guys have found an alternative product? thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
krozar wrote:
Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat as the organization I work for. The timing for Lansweeper raising their prices last year is proving to be the nail in the coffin for it's continued use in our organization. We had to fight hard to keep it after the pricing increases were announced, and we barely got it approved. Then COVID hit, and our financials took a huge hit. Not surprisingly, the decision was made to cut Lansweeper (among many other things), but this is a huge blow to us techs who use it daily. We've used Lansweeper for over decade, and now we're losing it. The man upstairs looks at it as a way to save $$$, but for those of use who use it daily, it's going to mean a step back into the stone ages.

Anyone else?

Have a look in here, I've stopped renewing the license even before covid.
satxx
Engaged Sweeper II
Yes we are in a similar situation.
We are using premium today along with their helpdesk, so our jump in price will be huge when the time comes to renew.
Its a wonderful product that we have been using for a long time, and we would really love too keep using it, but the leap in price is just too high for us as it stands now.

We are currently in the process of evaluating other similar products and hope we'll find something that can work for us in a similar fashion. It will probably be a step down though since Lansweeper really is best at what they do, but we hope to at least find something with the basic functionality that we need.

These are sad times..