cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedWood
Engaged Sweeper II
I was wondering if someone might have an idea on what might of happen. We are running 8.0.130.20 currently and the Wake on Lan feature is not working. We have not made any changes to the network or server. Couple days ago we have a couple machines turn off. While trying to use the Wake on Lan the workstation would not turn on at all.

After trying different options I went to command line. I copied the WOL to my workstation then ran wol.exe (MAC).
That worked perfect and continue to use it until all the machine were turn on. I been trying to figure out if it's the Lansweeper software, and update, or the server it self.

The server with the Lansweeper and workstation are all on the same network. No changes have been made to the network that I could think of. The only thing I know we done is run the windows update on the server last month. We know Wake on Lan worked because a couple months back when there was a power outage. We had to turn on a couple computers back on.

Any help would be awesome.. Need to make sure this work in case this ever happens again.

Thank you,
2 REPLIES 2
RedWood
Engaged Sweeper II
RedWood wrote:
I was wondering if someone might have an idea on what might of happen. We are running 8.0.130.20 currently and the Wake on Lan feature is not working. We have not made any changes to the network or server. Couple days ago we have a couple machines turn off. While trying to use the Wake on Lan the workstation would not turn on at all.

After trying different options I went to command line. I copied the WOL to my workstation then ran wol.exe (MAC).
That worked perfect and continue to use it until all the machine were turn on. I been trying to figure out if it's the Lansweeper software, and update, or the server it self.

The server with the Lansweeper and workstation are all on the same network. No changes have been made to the network that I could think of. The only thing I know we done is run the windows update on the server last month. We know Wake on Lan worked because a couple months back when there was a power outage. We had to turn on a couple computers back on.

Any help would be awesome.. Need to make sure this work in case this ever happens again.

Thank you,

After reading and trying different things plus help from a different user on here. I was able to get the software to work.
If you notice in your network adapter you will find "Npcap Loopback Adapter". What I did was disable that device then the Wake up Lan in the software worked. The funny thing once I enable it the software still worked. I need to keep testing to make sure leaving it on the Wake on Lan keeps working.
For now best thing to do is disable it.

Thanks for the help.

RedWood
Engaged Sweeper II
RedWood wrote:
RedWood wrote:

Thank you,

After reading and trying different things plus help from a different user on here. I was able to get the software to work.
If you notice in your network adapter you will find "Npcap Loopback Adapter". What I did was disable that device then the Wake up Lan in the software worked. The funny thing once I enable it the software still worked. I need to keep testing to make sure leaving it on the Wake on Lan keeps working.
For now best thing to do is disable it.

Thanks for the help.

I just started to have this issue. I did disable the same and disable the Npcap on the server. I restarted lansweeper service, but nothing changed. I was not able to wake up the computer. I do have a copy of wol.exe on my machine. If I run it as admin I"m able to wake up the pc. It's on the same network but don't understand why it's not working. It was working a couple months back when we used it because of power outage.

Is there any other setting I should be checking?