cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarke
Engaged Sweeper
An ESXi asset reports great info for things that the hypervisor sees, like datastores, but what about physical HDDs? Can Lansweeper access disk info at the Linux level, or is this restricted to Windows?
3 REPLIES 3
clarke
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks @MikeMc. I have done as you suggested.

I have tried enabling SNMP in ESXi, but Lansweeper doesn’t seem to scan for it, despite the IP Range being configured to scan for the appropriate community string. It's like once it has determined that the type of asset is VMware Server, it doesn't look at anything else.

Is it possible to use software deployment to run a script on a Linux machine?
Anand
Engaged Sweeper
clarke@epits.com.au wrote:
Thanks @MikeMc. I have done as you suggested.

I have tried enabling SNMP in ESXi, but Lansweeper doesn’t seem to scan for it, despite the IP Range being configured to scan for the appropriate community string. It's like once it has determined that the type of asset is VMware Server, it doesn't look at anything else.

Is it possible to use software deployment to run a script on a Linux machine?

Me too have the same doubt ( Linux harddisk partitions available but couldn't find Hard Drive Manufacturer or Serial Number ). Morever the complete report is available for windows system but not for linux.
MikeMc
Champion Sweeper II
I've done limited testing with Linux scanning and it does not appear to scan at the physical HDD level. I would recommend contacting support through their email for a definite answer.