cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amaury_BEAL
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I am searching it it would be possible in LanSweeper to restrict the access to the knowledgebase following right access only For User, not Agent.

I didn't find the menu to set user rights (other than Agent).

I created Teams and categories in "knowledge base options" but I can't authorize users or not, follow the Category or/and Teams.

Do you have a solution or the feature isn't available yet ?

If is , would it be possible to create the feature ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This question was also asked an answered via email, you can find our response below for everyone else's benefit.

All  (non-agent) users can globally be given access to the knowledgebase. Once given global access, all users can also be given access to individual knowledgebase categories.

Individual non-agent users cannot be given access to specific parts of the KB, or even the KB in general. For non-agent users it's all or nothing in terms of accessing the knowledgebase at all, or certain categories at all.

When you enable the "Disable knowledgebase for regular users" under Knowledgebase\Knowledgebase Options, no non-agent users will be able to access the KB, regardless of other settings. There is an exception here, where users with Configuration rights will be able to access knowledgebase options, and knowledgebase categories.

More granular user permissions for the knowledgebase are currently not available. We've added this as a feature request to our customer wish list. At this moment in time we cannot guarantee that this will be implemented and we cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amaury_BEAL
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the answer.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This question was also asked an answered via email, you can find our response below for everyone else's benefit.

All  (non-agent) users can globally be given access to the knowledgebase. Once given global access, all users can also be given access to individual knowledgebase categories.

Individual non-agent users cannot be given access to specific parts of the KB, or even the KB in general. For non-agent users it's all or nothing in terms of accessing the knowledgebase at all, or certain categories at all.

When you enable the "Disable knowledgebase for regular users" under Knowledgebase\Knowledgebase Options, no non-agent users will be able to access the KB, regardless of other settings. There is an exception here, where users with Configuration rights will be able to access knowledgebase options, and knowledgebase categories.

More granular user permissions for the knowledgebase are currently not available. We've added this as a feature request to our customer wish list. At this moment in time we cannot guarantee that this will be implemented and we cannot provide you with an estimated release date.