cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamsuth
Engaged Sweeper
Are ticket dispatching rules only set for new tickets only, or should they also work for replies sent to existing tickets. I can only seem to get them to work for New tickets.

I am trying to make a workflow for approving tickets. So far this is what I have:

The Project Manager sends an email to our Lansweeper mailbox with the Subject 'Change Request'. Ticket dispatching has a rule to assign to Approvers Team and set the state Pending Approval. This works.

I want another email rule, that when someone in the Approvers Team replies to all with a keyword (#Approved or #Denied) the ticket is updated to a new status (Approved/Denied) and assigned to the ticket originator.
10 REPLIES 10
stevce_brazeau
Engaged Sweeper II
We would love to be able to build custom workflows as well.

Particularly for onboarding staff, or tickets that involve Staff A doing their piece, then handing it off to Staff B. Automatically, would be a dream.
stevce.brazeau wrote:
We would love to be able to build custom workflows as well.

Particularly for onboarding staff, or tickets that involve Staff A doing their piece, then handing it off to Staff B. Automatically, would be a dream.
We've given up and will be building our own employee onboarding system using a workflow platform completely separate from Lansweeper.

ChristerT
Engaged Sweeper
One year has passed now, and I can't find any updates on this request. Anoyone who have found a workaround? Our purchase order system is costing us $3000 a year, and it's overkill because I only need a simple approval function.
miketrike
Engaged Sweeper III
Simple approvals would be a fair start. i.e. Is this ticket approved to work on, because it's actually a service request... New ID's, new PC or whatever...

I'm still waiting for more dispatching rules. i.e. Assign this ticket to an asset automatically for example...

Technically you can use an external email forms system to send tickets into the helpdesk on submission, that could then trigger workflow (dispatch) actions upon receipt...

Just sharing random a.m. thoughts...
hutchins79
Engaged Sweeper II
Any update on workflow/approval process wishlist?

Workflow would be great for onboarding new employees.

Approval process would also be worthwhile for Asset Tracking.

iflyvfr
Engaged Sweeper II
hutchins79 wrote:
Any update on workflow/approval process wishlist?

Workflow would be great for onboarding new employees.

Approval process would also be worthwhile for Asset Tracking.

Just had a meeting w/ our corporate trainer and HR an hour ago on our onboarding. Workflow would be awesome. We need to be able to publish a list of email distro lists and have the hiring manager choose which ones the user requires on Day 1.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Dispatching rules will only work for new tickets created when emailed. This might be extended to tickets created on the website in the near future. A workflow system is in the pipeline, but development for this hasn't started yet.
Karel DS wrote:
Dispatching rules will only work for new tickets created when emailed. This might be extended to tickets created on the website in the near future. A workflow system is in the pipeline, but development for this hasn't started yet.

We would like to implement some workflow rules in to our New User onboarding process also. Any updates regarding if/when the workflow system is coming?
brianraley
Engaged Sweeper III
Karel DS wrote:

Has development started working on the workflow system for the helpdesk functionality to aid with on-boarding of new employees and getting approvals based upon departments and a hierarchy of managers? Or where are we in the queue - how soon?