cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florian_Eigsi
Engaged Sweeper III

Some usefull guide
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployOffice/office2019/deploy
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/office-deployment-tool-configuration-options#add-eleme...

What do you need :

Office Deployment Tool : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49117
To create your XML : https://config.office.com/deploymentsettings
Works only on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019

How does it works (example)

To download and update setup.exe /download configuration.xml
To install : setup.exe /configure configuration.xml

Office 2019 doesn't work with WSUS, to keep update your office version, i use a schedule task on my serveur, but you can do it with lansweepet too.
This schedule download every 2nd Tuesday from CDN.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployOffice/office2019/update#update-channel-for-office-2019

This XML attached is an example of my installation of Office ProPlus, Visio and Project. It uninstall Older Version and doesn't install Outlook and other app listed by <ExcludeApp ID='Value' />

PIDKEY in my xml works with a kms server change it by your MAK key if you don't have KMS Key.
I change this value <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" /> cause by default was 0.
Don't forget to change your language <Language ID="en-us" />

You can disable log with <Logging Level="Off" />

7 REPLIES 7
Dmitry_Vorobev
Engaged Sweeper
Problem is MS c2r installer can't close Office application when its run from lansweeper account by Task Seduler.
Now i am testing workaround

1. Lansweeper deployment package create task whit taskshed to run on startap
2. Task run script that install MS Project on startup (before user runs MS Office apps)
3. Script delete sheduler task
4. Script run lspush to rescan asset
Florian_Eigsi
Engaged Sweeper III
Here mine.

Difference it's ForceUpgrade="TRUE"

<Configuration ID="67860a51-8a1c-4530-a878-51e2b2515413">
<Info Description="Office Project 2019" />
<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019" SourcePath="\\deploy\DefaultPackageShare$\Base\Ms_Office\Office_2019" AllowCdnFallback="TRUE">
<Product ID="ProjectPro2019Volume" PIDKEY="B4NPR-3FKK7-T2MBV-FRQ4W-PKD2B">
<Language ID="fr-fr" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Property Name="SharedComputerLicensing" Value="0" />
<Property Name="PinIconsToTaskbar" Value="TRUE" />
<Property Name="SCLCacheOverride" Value="0" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />
<Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="TRUE" />
<Property Name="DeviceBasedLicensing" Value="0" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" UpdatePath="\\deploy\DefaultPackageShare$\Base\Ms_Office\Office_2019" />

<AppSettings>
<Setup Name="Company" Value="EIGSI" />
<User Key="software\microsoft\office\16.0\excel\options" Name="defaultformat" Value="51" Type="REG_DWORD" App="excel16" Id="L_SaveExcelfilesas" />
<User Key="software\microsoft\office\16.0\powerpoint\options" Name="defaultformat" Value="27" Type="REG_DWORD" App="ppt16" Id="L_SavePowerPointfilesas" />
<User Key="software\microsoft\office\16.0\word\options" Name="defaultformat" Value="" Type="REG_SZ" App="word16" Id="L_SaveWordfilesas" />
</AppSettings>
<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Level="Standard" Path="\\deploy\DefaultPackageShare$\Base\Ms_Office\Office_2019\logs" />
</Configuration>

Play your script with <Display Level="FULL" AcceptEULA="TRUE" /> to see what happen
Florian_Eigsi wrote:
Here mine.

Difference it's ForceUpgrade="TRUE"

<Configuration ID="67860a51-8a1c-4530-a878-51e2b2515413">
<Info Description="Office Project 2019" />
<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019" SourcePath="\\deploy\DefaultPackageShare$\Base\Ms_Office\Office_2019" AllowCdnFallback="TRUE">
<Product ID="ProjectPro2019Volume" PIDKEY="B4NPR-3FKK7-T2MBV-FRQ4W-PKD2B">
<Language ID="fr-fr" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Property Name="PinIconsToTaskbar" Value="TRUE" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" UpdatePath="\\deploy\DefaultPackageShare$\Base\Ms_Office\Office_2019" />

<AppSettings>
<Setup Name="Company" Value="EIGSI" />
<User Key="software\microsoft\office\16.0\excel\options" Name="defaultformat" Value="51" Type="REG_DWORD" App="excel16" Id="L_SaveExcelfilesas" />
<User Key="software\microsoft\office\16.0\powerpoint\options" Name="defaultformat" Value="27" Type="REG_DWORD" App="ppt16" Id="L_SavePowerPointfilesas" />
<User Key="software\microsoft\office\16.0\word\options" Name="defaultformat" Value="" Type="REG_SZ" App="word16" Id="L_SaveWordfilesas" />
</AppSettings>
<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Level="Standard" Path="\\deploy\DefaultPackageShare$\Base\Ms_Office\Office_2019\logs" />
</Configuration>

Play your script with <Display Level="FULL" AcceptEULA="TRUE" /> to see what happen

A small note, if I manually run the installation from the command line on behalf of the lansweeper account with the Display Level = "None" and Property Name = "FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" parameters, everything works fine, but an elevated request appears

I run Display Level="FULL" AcceptEULA="TRUE" lansweeper task as you say, the result is the same, the graphical shell of the installer does not appear, the installation ends with the same error 17002 and something else interesting from the Office installation logs

07/12/2021 09:25:14.010 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x22ac Click-To-Run cip3w Medium ProcessKiller::InvokeProcessKiller: ForceAppShutdown enforced.
07/12/2021 09:25:14.385 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x22ac Click-To-Run bf2sc Medium ProcessKiller::FilterProcessList: WINWORD.EXE : Application: WINWORD.EXE [PID:8956, Name: Type:1000, Status:1, Session:1, Restartable:False]
07/12/2021 09:25:14.385 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x22ac Click-To-Run bf2sc Medium ProcessKiller::FilterProcessList: OUTLOOK.EXE : Application: OUTLOOK.EXE [PID:1456, Name: Type:1000, Status:1, Session:1, Restartable:False]
07/12/2021 09:25:14.385 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x22ac Click-To-Run aobiw Medium ProcessKiller::ShutdownProcesses: No Processes to Shutdown.
07/12/2021 09:25:14.589 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x11d8 Click-To-Run apfr5 Medium ExecutionContext::TryWaitOnExecutingScenarioCompletionOrCustomEvent - Failure event set.
07/12/2021 09:25:14.589 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x11d8 Click-To-Run ap11d Medium StandaloneStartupBehavior::Start - Exit with error code 17002
07/12/2021 09:25:14.589 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x11d8 Click-To-Run ap3jf Medium ProcessPool::Shutdown - Shutting down process pool.
07/12/2021 09:25:14.589 OFFICECL (0x1bec) 0x11d8 Click-To-Run aqtpj Medium Main: returned: 17002
Dmitry_Vorobev
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to install Microsoft Office Project 2019 for PCs that have other Office 2019 products already installed (Word, Excel, etc.) The installation fails with error 17002 if the user has Office applications (such as Word) running. FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN not working in silent mode! Error 17002 appears only when i run lansweeper task, if i manually run silent install command FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN works fine.

My config.xml

<Configuration ID="57a4f76b-3a20-419a-b0f6-8a707b57ee95">
<Info Description="Visio 2019 Pro 04.10.19" />
<Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="PerpetualVL2019" SourcePath="\\tag.tmk.group\dfsroot\SOFTADM\Office\Office2019x86" AllowCdnFallback="FALSE" ForceUpgrade="TRUE">
<Product ID="ProjectPro2019Volume" PIDKEY="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX">
<Language ID="ru-ru" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Property Name="PinIconsToTaskbar" Value="FALSE" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="0" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" UpdatePath="\\tag.tmk.group\dfsroot\SOFTADM\Office\Office2019x86" />
<AppSettings>
<Setup Name="Company" Value="XXXXXXXXXXX" />
</AppSettings>
<Display Level="" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Level="Off" />
</Configuration>

Task runs as Scanning Credentials and has Domain Admin rights. Any idea how to silent install Project?
MoonDogg
Engaged Sweeper III
This works great. I setup 3 separate XML files to deploy different sets of apps instead of all in one. But they all worked as expected. I appreciate you sharing this.
kosta
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Florian,

Can you use the xml file for deploying office 2016?

If so, what would I need to modify?

Thanks in advanced.

Florian_Eigsi
Engaged Sweeper III
Kkadysh wrote:
Hi Florian,

Can you use the xml file for deploying office 2016?

If so, what would I need to modify?

Thanks in advanced.

I'm not sure

When you go on https://config.office.com/deploymentsettings

You can see that those xml only work for Office 365 and 2019

I think, i will do a post tomorrow for office 2016