cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notesguru99
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi All,

Like the rest of the world, our workforce is working remotely, but when I look at assets I see nothing has updated since the beginning of March. For example, my laptop is connected via a VPN to the office right now and it is not being scanned by Lansweeper even though my IP is within the range I've set? Computers in the office are scanned as normal, but anything else for users working from home is ignored? What can I check please?

Thanks
Stuart
5 REPLIES 5
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
I would imagine that your VPN has a different IP range than your office. Be sure you have that IP range setup for scanning.
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
notesguru99 wrote:
Hi All,

Like the rest of the world, our workforce is working remotely, but when I look at assets I see nothing has updated since the beginning of March. For example, my laptop is connected via a VPN to the office right now and it is not being scanned by Lansweeper even though my IP is within the range I've set? Computers in the office are scanned as normal, but anything else for users working from home is ignored? What can I check please?

Thanks
Stuart

Use the lsagent with cloudrelay (if you have the license), works perfect in our case. Otherwise we have Ninite Pro to install applications on remote computers (It requires an agent as well though).
GulfMarco
Engaged Sweeper III
A lot of VPNs are NAT based, for simplicity of networking & in multi-site scenarios the number of tunnels required. In that case, you would not be able to reach the VPN range from the corp range.
notesguru99
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi thanks for the response.
I will check these now.

BTW all the computers are corporate machines, set with a default domain policy.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Can you ping the computers by hostname? If not, then you'll have to set those machines up to allow for that. IF so, then perhaps there's a firewall at the individual's homes that is blocking LS from scanning.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now