cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bford
Engaged Sweeper
I am sure its a simple fix, but when I close a call and make it public the end user is often polite and replies with a Thanks", which then reopens the call and I have to close it again

How do I avoid this while still informing the end user that the call was closed

Thanks in advance
25 REPLIES 25
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
I've always approached this as a learning opportunity, it's not a technical problem to solve. Lansweeper is not unique in having this happen.

Inform your users that replying to a closed ticket should only be used for when the issue is not resolved and expressions of gratitude should be done elsewhere, like if you have a ticket survey or via email to a feedback address. Even put that in the closed ticket notification.

Let them know what you desire and they'll get the picture after a few immediately closed notifications to simple thank you messages.
Tinshield
Engaged Sweeper II
This is crazy you can't prevent re-open on reply. Seems like a very basic and common request.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Tinshield wrote:
This is crazy you can't prevent re-open on reply. Seems like a very basic and common request.

I set a rule to have LS ignore any message that has the words 'ticket closed" in it. That way if an end user replies to it, it will ignore that message.

I do agree though, we shouldn't have to set up a workaround. It is nice for a user to be able to re-open a ticket if the issue isn't resolved though, but that presents its own issues as well
Mouaad
Engaged Sweeper
pryan67 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

I set a rule to have LS ignore any message that has the words 'ticket closed" in it. That way if an end user replies to it, it will ignore that message.

I do agree though, we shouldn't have to set up a workaround. It is nice for a user to be able to re-open a ticket if the issue isn't resolved though, but that presents its own issues as well

Hi pryan67

Can you please let me know how did you do that?

Thank you for your help.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
mouaad wrote:
pryan67 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

Hi pryan67

Thank you for your help.

Under Configuration --> email settings find the "ignored content filters (regular expression)" and add the expression ticket closed (or whatever you want...you can make the "code word" "splunge" if you'd like.

LS will then ignore any emails with that word or phrase in it.
Mouaad
Engaged Sweeper
pryan67 wrote:
mouaad wrote:
pryan67 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

Hi pryan67

Thank you for your help.

Under Configuration --> email settings find the "ignored content filters (regular expression)" and add the expression ticket closed (or whatever you want...you can make the "code word" "splunge" if you'd like.

Unfortunatly it doesn't work.

So I puted "Ticket closed" as a regular expression. I sent an email to the user with the key work 'Ticket closed' but when the user reply to the email, the ticket is updated and the status is changed to In progress.

Mouaad
Engaged Sweeper
mouaad wrote:
pryan67 wrote:
mouaad wrote:
pryan67 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

Hi pryan67

Thank you for your help.

Any idea?

So I puted "Ticket closed" as a regular expression. I sent an email to the user with the key work 'Ticket closed' but when the user reply to the email, the ticket is updated and the status is changed to In progress.

pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
mouaad wrote:

Can you take a screen shot of your configuration?

Mouaad
Engaged Sweeper
pryan67 wrote:
mouaad wrote:

Can you take a screen shot of your configuration?

There we go :
Tinshield
Engaged Sweeper II
pryan67 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

That's a good way to handle it.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now