cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
We are starting to inventory iPhones that are being imported from Intune. Each phone shows a valid AD user but when you click the link for the user, the device is not listed on the user page. Is there a way to create that asset relation automatically?
3 REPLIES 3
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
I also created a procedure to be run in the same schedule to be able to update the IMEI number from Intune to stick it to tblassetCustom. This was later used to find duplicates assets for example and those who were created manually before intune.

create proc [dbo].[UpdateIntuneIMEI_On_Asset] as
update tblassetcustom
set custom2 = intune.imei
FROM [tblIntuneDevice] intune
inner join tblassetcustom ass on ass.AssetID = intune.AssetId
where intune.imei <> '' and intune.imei not like '*%'
and ass.Custom2 = ''
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
brodiemac-too wrote:
We are starting to inventory iPhones that are being imported from Intune. Each phone shows a valid AD user but when you click the link for the user, the device is not listed on the user page. Is there a way to create that asset relation automatically?

I'm running this procedure on a sql agent job peridocally to fill this asset relations from intune in. This is only the insert part. Not handling updates.

create proc [dbo].[InsertIntune_User_Relations] as
declare @domain as varchar(20)
set @domain = '<YourDomain>'
;with missing_intune_users_cte as (
select
intune.UserDisplayName as Intune_Displayname
,intune.UserPrincipalName as Intune_UPN
,SUBSTRING(intune.UserPrincipalName,1,CHARINDEX('@',intune.UserPrincipalName)-1) as Intune_Samaccountname
,intune.UserId as Intune_Userid
,intune.AssetId as Intune_Assetid
,intune.EnrolledDateTime as Intune_EnrollDateTime
,assr.[Username]
,assr.[Userdomain]
,assr.[AssetID]
,assr.[Type] --Type = 12
,assr.[StartDate]
from [tblIntuneDevice] intune
left outer join [tblAssetUserRelations] assr on assr.AssetID = intune.assetid
where assr.Username is null and intune.UserPrincipalName <> ''
)
insert into [tblAssetUserRelations] (Username,Userdomain,AssetID,[Type],[StartDate],Comments)
select Intune_Samaccountname,@domain,Intune_Assetid,12,Intune_EnrollDateTime,'Imported from Intune' from missing_intune_users_cte
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
I posed this question to support and they tell me it's a feature not yet built into LANSweeper.