cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewatson
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi everyone,

Just curious how others deal with this issue. We have several ticket types that get closed very quickly. Password unlocks, report reprint requests, etc. We often close these tickets at resolution. However, then the person replies to the email to say, "Thanks" and the state is set back to Open.

Curious if anyone has any suggestions or solutions to prevent this from happening. I believe our current setting is any time an email comes in, it sets the state to Open. This is kind of annoying since we have to go back and reclosed about 20-30 tickets a day.

Thanks for your time
5 REPLIES 5
ewatson
Engaged Sweeper II
What we ended up doing is just marking everything as "Confirm Resolution." We adjusted the all tickets view to not include the Confirm Resolution state, and we bulk close them at the end of the week.

There is no easy way around it.
sbAYVdQu
Engaged Sweeper III
NWHiker wrote:
What we ended up doing is just marking everything as "Confirm Resolution." We adjusted the all tickets view to not include the Confirm Resolution state, and we bulk close them at the end of the week.

There is no easy way around it.

We do something similar, but have the ticket auto-close after a few days.
ewatson
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Damiano. Sadly, that is where I landed.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
NWHiker wrote:
Thanks Damiano. Sadly, that is where I landed.

We set up a rule so that if the email includes "ticket closed" that LS would ignore it and not re-open the ticket. That way if we reply to a ticket with "This has been completed, ticket closed" and the user replies with "thanks", it ignores the email and the ticket remains closed.

Of course, if the user replies to an earlier email that doesn't have "ticket closed" in the body, then it will re-open the ticket.

It would be nice to have a "really closed" ticket type that would prevent re-opening except by an administrator, but that's been requested for years and hasn't materialized yet.
DamianoZ
Engaged Sweeper II
Right now you can't avoid the ticket re-opening, i just stopped tracking the SLA time when the ticket is In Progress.
This way if it's reopened you won't affect the team performance.
You can do that in Configuration --> Ticket Content --> Ticket states and untick the "Track as work" column.

As far as i know the "feature" is on the wishlist, the Helpdesk part is still under active development but the focus in the last months has been around the asset part.

Hope this helps.