cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkoelker
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi - I'm seeing some old, incorrect data appearing in column Deviceassetname in a report. Is there a way to refresh that? Re-scanning the switch didn't clear it.

For example, I had a VOiP phone connected to our core switch a few months ago. It has since been removed from that port for the past couple of months and deployed to its correct location. Now that phone appears in two places, one, the switch port it's actually connected to in its current location, and, two, the switch port it was on when I had it in my office.

I thought that re-scanning the switch would clear that, but it hasn't done so. What else should I do to fix this?
4 REPLIES 4
pkhall
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, I am having the same issue. Has anyone answered you or were you able to resolve this?
jkoelker
Engaged Sweeper II
pkhall wrote:
Hi, I am having the same issue. Has anyone answered you or were you able to resolve this?

Hi - yes, I did get an answer/resolution. What you have to do is go into the individual 'Switch' asset and, from the menu on the left margin, select 'Remove disconnected devices'. This will remove the entry of any connected device that was disconnected after the last scan of the device.
rader
Champion Sweeper III
jkoelker wrote:
pkhall wrote:

Hi - yes, I did get an answer/resolution. What you have to do is go into the individual 'Switch' asset and, from the menu on the left margin, select 'Remove disconnected devices'. This will remove the entry of any connected device that was disconnected after the last scan of the device.

I wonder if rebooting the unit and re-scanning would have cleared up the info?
jkoelker
Engaged Sweeper II
rader wrote:
jkoelker wrote:
pkhall wrote:

I wonder if rebooting the unit and re-scanning would have cleared up the info?

Could well be. My problem is that we have a lot of these stale entries and I don't want to have to go into each asset and re-boot it - it would pretty much take all my time. What I'd really like is a way to execute the 'Remove Disconnected Assets' command globally, i.e., so that it removes those entries from all switches that have them. I don't know of a way, though.