cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDahitule
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Team,

We are facing 'The LDAP server returned an unknown error' in server logs every 20 - 30 sec for user OU.

Can you please help to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Mangesh Dahitule
3 REPLIES 3
MDahitule
Engaged Sweeper II
To provide you with some context, both the active domain scanning target and user scanning target will query the LastLogon attribute, and try to connect to all domain controllers to get the highest value for this attribute.

It is "expected" behaviour that Lansweeper will not be able to access all DCs, and as such the error messages in the server log do not really serve a purpose, as there is no real issue. We have already escalated the issue to our development so that they can look into optimizing this page.

If required, you can disable the scanning of LastLogon for users in the Active Directory Scanning Options section under Configuration\Server Options.
cheche
Champion Sweeper
MDahitule wrote:
To provide you with some context, both the active domain scanning target and user scanning target will query the LastLogon attribute, and try to connect to all domain controllers to get the highest value for this attribute.

It is "expected" behaviour that Lansweeper will not be able to access all DCs, and as such the error messages in the server log do not really serve a purpose, as there is no real issue. We have already escalated the issue to our development so that they can look into optimizing this page.

If required, you can disable the scanning of LastLogon for users in the Active Directory Scanning Options section under Configuration\Server Options.

I have disabled the scanning of lastlogon attribute but the problem remains. But my problem is different because it happens on the computers OU.

I have a domain controller in Azure that is not accessible by Lasweeper, but I have a local controller as my favorite.
Internal-IT
Engaged Sweeper II
Good to know we're not the only ones with the problem.
We got the problem with the last Update

Website Version: 8.0.130.14
LANSWEEPERSEVRER 8.0.130.14

I set a preferred DC and reboot the server but it doesn't help.
I also check the LDAP connection from the Lansweeper with an Test tool and the connection was successful.

Best,
Stefan