cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilM
Engaged Sweeper II
What are people using as a nice easy replacement?
9 REPLIES 9
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I have looked for something like you have requested for some time. There was good old GenControl and a few variations of it, but they all stopped support / died off. You had Dameware Mini Remote or IntelliAdmin which did the remote install so was agentless as such. My preferred is IntelliAdmin as it was simple and basic not over the top like Dameware became. The early version of Dameware was quite nice.

The OfferRA doesn't need user input if you set it up and the permissions correctly in AD / Group Policy and you can do a direct connection to the machine in on your network.
baptiste_rousse
Engaged Sweeper
remote windows assistance

Action :
msra.exe /offerRA {smartname}

remote desktop

Action :
mstsc.exe /v:{smartname}
Bapt wrote:
Action :

not so easy for basic users, LSRemote was very easy: the user had only to click on "accept"

Bapt wrote:

Remote desktop
Action :

for what I know RD only admit one user a time, you cannot show what are you doing on their desktop

PhilM
Engaged Sweeper II
ufficioced wrote:
Bapt wrote:
Action :

not so easy for basic users, LSRemote was very easy: the user had only to click on "accept"

Bapt wrote:

Remote desktop
Action :

for what I know RD only admit one user a time, you cannot show what are you doing on their desktop

yep agree , looking for something simple like LSRemote i can run as domain admin and connect to end users from Lansweeper.
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
PhilM wrote:

yep agree , looking for something simple like LSRemote i can run as domain admin and connect to end users from Lansweeper.

YESSSS, I'm looking for something that:
-it is free (so sad but this is the life)
-it shouldn't be installed (execute from remote on demand)
-end user has no interaction on starting assistance or quite low (no insert code, no read code, no account creation): a YES/NO button is the best
-UAC support (LSRemote hadn't it, many problems with secure desktop)
-fast start (LSRemote in my env was a little slow to start and prompt user)
-works only in lan (no teamviewer or similar)

I don't need: file copy, chat, clipboard sharing

If you have some suggestion I'll try it!

Thanks

Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
TightVNC?
EB
Engaged Sweeper III
PhilM wrote:

I use intelliadmin....it can be ran cmdline...works excellent with lansweeper and windows 10...

http://www.intelliadmin.com/

{actionpath}intelliadmin\intelliadmin.exe hostname={ipaddress}

EB wrote:
PhilM wrote:

I use intelliadmin....it can be ran cmdline...works excellent with lansweeper and windows 10...

I also use IntelliAdmin, its worth its value in regards to cost as its licensed per administrator not how many machines it goes on. The sad fact though, Steve who developed it past away so its products have mostly finished now.

I was helping them with their enterprise admin which is fantastic, think Teamviewer but you host your own server.

I got my IntelliAdmin setup portable and just placed that on a share and use that.
PhilM
Engaged Sweeper II
EB wrote:
PhilM wrote:

Ouch-Price! was looking for something free to replace LS