cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyle_Zimmerman
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all,

I am an intern and I am tasked with a couple projects that involve Lansweeper. I was wondering if it is possible to set up a SQL trigger in Lansweeper's database? What I am currently trying to do is when a ticket is duplicated I want a SQL trigger to copy that data stored in the htblhistory table and store that information in a different table. Is something like this possible in Lansweeper? If so how would I accomplish that?

Thanks,
Kyle Zimmerman
3 REPLIES 3
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Being that it sounds like you aren't familiar with SQL, I would hesitate in making changes. At a minimum, make sure you have a backup of the database. You mentioned that you are an intern, so you don't want to get in over your head and break the entire environment in an attempt to accomplish this task.

If your installation is using a separate, full version of SQL, you would use SQL Server Management Studio. I'm not sure what your options are for the current "Lansweeeper provided" database.
Kyle_Zimmerman
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, thank you.

I guess the main issue that I am facing right now is I don't know how to edit the Lansweeper database outside of Reports and the DatabaseMaintenance tool. In both of these I can not preform certain SQL commands such as CREATE TRIGGER. What must I do to be able to add that stored procedure to the database?

Thank you for the help,
Kyle
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
This is more of a SQL question than it is a Lansweeper question.

This can likely be accomplished via some sort of stored procedure if you determine what occurs in the SQL database when a ticket is duplicated and base the procedure off of that. Not really my forte so my guidance is limited to that.