Notification

Icon
Error

What exactly is Software: Changes in the last 24 hours reporting on? - Confusion around blanket date change on all software installed on one endpoint

Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 10:20:21 PM(UTC)
jg@tsr

jg@tsr

Member Original PosterPosts: 1
I have an endpoint (W10pro) that popped up on our "Software: Changes is the last 24 hours" report. It listed all of the software installed on that workstation. The Installdate column is accurate, although LastChanged is showing 03/27/2020 @ 08:02:22am. At first glance, I figured this was due to MS updates, although 3rd party applications are also showing the same "LastChanged" time stamp.

Contacting that user and then remoting in to the workstation to verify, there was no history of updates for MS or 3rd party apps at that time. The only thing the user did was turn their workstation on around that time.

What exactly qualifies as LastChanged? No other workstation is reporting this behavior today, although Last 7 days shows similar behavior in other workstations. Does this somehow coincide with a user turning on or restarting their workstation? If so, what is the intended purpose/importance of this report?

At first glance, and not being well versed enough in SQL to dissect the report in the editor, I would think this report alerts to changes in software such as updates, installs, uninstalls; you know, things an admin would want to know in relation to what may trigger an investigation into a user not adhering to approved software guidelines and such.
anpatterson03
#1anpatterson03 Member Posts: 26  
posted: 4/2/2020 4:45:14 PM(UTC)
I am wondering the same thing. Something in the way that report pulls data in the last version or two has changed. I get that report emailed to me daily for review and it used to be a couple hundred changes from various updates and such. Now it's 10,000+ changes every day.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Unable to send to External Email
by  pryan67   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 8:21:01 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Lansweeper assets not being Scanned
by  Jordan  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 6:42:22 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper NOT doesn't work as expected
by  KevinA-REJIS   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 5:49:29 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Database size growing too large