cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larry_Williams
Engaged Sweeper
I am looking for an easy way to determine if an asset has gone missing from inventory. My first thought would be to scan for last seen time. If it was there yesterday but not found today. Is that the best approach? Anyone else done this / have an idea?
2 REPLIES 2
Larry_Williams
Engaged Sweeper
In response to the Corona virus, we have had some managers allow their employees to take their desktop computers home so they can work remotely. These are not the traditional mobile devices that are configured to be protected while not on our network...so we are wanting to track the devices leaving and make sure they are screened before reconnecting to our on prem network...Basically looking for a way to identify desktops that are not connected to the network..
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Larry wrote:
I am looking for an easy way to determine if an asset has gone missing from inventory. My first thought would be to scan for last seen time. If it was there yesterday but not found today. Is that the best approach? Anyone else done this / have an idea?

Are you talking about an asset that should always be online? If so I think you are on the right track by using last seen time. I have used similar logic for following up with other admins on whether devices have been replaced.