cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EB
Engaged Sweeper III
I am still using the remote reg file for connecting to remote registries now working perfect with windows 10!
Working since 2013.

download path:
https://cdn.pdq.com/aa/files/startreg.exe

Action:
{actionpath}startreg.exe {computer}

Cheers all ADMINS
4 REPLIES 4
mhermsen21
Engaged Sweeper
Is anyone having issues with startreg.exe not running? When we click the action, it opens the lansweeper prompt to run. Then Remote Registry never opens, no error, nothing. Remote Registry service is running on the machine. This happens to all machines for us. Anyone else?
mhermsen21 wrote:
Is anyone having issues with startreg.exe not running? When we click the action, it opens the lansweeper prompt to run. Then Remote Registry never opens, no error, nothing. Remote Registry service is running on the machine. This happens to all machines for us. Anyone else?

Yep, it's pretty much like an AutoIt Script that emulates the process of connecting to a remote registry.

I found it to flakey and just gave up. To unreliable to put into production. Stuck to the manual connection method as we don't really connect to the registry that much, the ones we do, we have as deployment packages to make the necessary changes.
Keywan
Engaged Sweeper
after put the wbdja44i.dll in Action directory, it works only on the server. On the client machine it does not started. Any Idea why?
gareauk
Engaged Sweeper
Keywan wrote:
after put the wbdja44i.dll in Action directory, it works only on the server. On the client machine it does not started. Any Idea why?

When I run this action with confirmation turned on, it puts quotes around the entire command (eg. Do you want to run : '\\servername\lansweeper$\startreg.exe computername.domain.com'?) and does not run. If I run this same command directly from the server, it will not run unless the quotes are removed.

Does anyone know how to remove the quotes from the action?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now