cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_m_Taylor
Engaged Sweeper III
We just recently tried to upgrade from an older version of LanSweeper to a new one but it had a whole lot of issues so we reverted back. Everything appears to work except helpdesk gives an error saying "The file '/helpdesk/helpdesk.master' does not exist." I have had this issue before and was able to stop all the services, install the website again and then load it all back up and it works but so far that has not helped here.

Even during installing the website I have seen helpdesk.master on the installer but it does not actually appear to be installing.

I emailed support but figured I would post here as well.
2 REPLIES 2
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi Sean m Taylor,

It looks like some webpage files might have gotten corrupt or cannot be read. I'd recommend clearing the ASP.NET cache.

Stop your webserver service. Your webserver service is either World Wide Web Publishing Service (IIS) or IIS Express.
Empty the folders listed below.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Start the webserver service again
Test the web console.
Sean_m_Taylor
Engaged Sweeper III
Erik.T wrote:
Hi Sean m Taylor,

It looks like some webpage files might have gotten corrupt or cannot be read. I'd recommend clearing the ASP.NET cache.

Stop your webserver service. Your webserver service is either World Wide Web Publishing Service (IIS) or IIS Express.
Empty the folders listed below.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Start the webserver service again
Test the web console.

Just got around to try this and no luck. I also tried to reinstall the webservice again and it didn't change anything.

My new/old ticket number is 00080633