cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
We have a user here who has opened helpdesk tickets, but when we go to his user page, the "helpdesk" tab is missing. IT works correctly for other users, just not him (so far, it may be more widespread)
8 REPLIES 8
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Well, I sort of solved it...

LS for some reason isn't recognizing the new users in AD for quite awhile. Not sure of the exact timeframe, but the user I'm seeing it on was created 12/30/19 and today I went into one of his tickets and changed the user to the AD user that was finally seen. It will be interesting to see what happens with any new tickets, and if LS will ever pick up that there's really only one user with that username.
francisswest
Engaged Sweeper III
Hoping if this post gets enough upvotes, we might get more visibility on it without having to submit a ticket (unless LS requests it).

francisswest
Engaged Sweeper III
Current Version: 7.2.108.3
Website Version: 7.2.100.23

Just checked too, created 2 new user accounts in AD last week, on the same day, in the same OU. One account has the issue, the other does not.

Its...its friggin wonky.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
francisswest wrote:
Current Version: 7.2.108.3
Website Version: 7.2.100.23

Just checked too, created 2 new user accounts in AD last week, on the same day, in the same OU. One account has the issue, the other does not.

Its...its friggin wonky.

Well, it's only been about a week since I posted this 🙂 Hopefully someone at Lansweeper will see it. If not, I'll open a ticket with them.

francisswest
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm seeing the same thing. It's not mapping the AD user name. It appears that LS isn't properly scanning the AD users.

Which is very odd, because it is (at least in our environment) mapping some folks, but not others.

For instance, we created a new user account for someone that started in March of 2019. Their account has the same issue described here, but another user, in the exact same OU, created in April of 2019, works 100% fine.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
francisswest wrote:
I'm seeing the same thing. It's not mapping the AD user name. It appears that LS isn't properly scanning the AD users.

Which is very odd, because it is (at least in our environment) mapping some folks, but not others.

For instance, we created a new user account for someone that started in March of 2019. Their account has the same issue described here, but another user, in the exact same OU, created in April of 2019, works 100% fine.

It's obviously a bug in LS. What version are you running? I'm on 7.2.105.2 currently. None of the published fixes for later versions apply to us.

francisswest
Engaged Sweeper III
I want to give this a +1, and add some further detail that may aid in troubleshooting.

We are experiencing a very similar problem. In that, a new user is created in AD (lets say usernameX1) and their email address is "usernameX1@contoso.com"

When "usernameX1@contoso.com emails our helpdesk, rather than binding it to the scanned AD user in LS (which has all the info, including assigned equipment) it will use a 'new user' style of user, without any of the AD binding. Examples included in these screenshots (personal info blocked out, obviously)

Here is the scanned AD info, which is the same username and email as the second screenshot. Notice here, there is no Helpdesk tab, and none of the user's tickets are mapped to this 'user'.

Now the second screenshot is the same user, with what looks like a LS generated amount of info, rather than binding the 2 together with the same name, email, and username:

This has only started happening recently, and is frustrating beyond belief.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
francisswest wrote:
I want to give this a +1, and add some further detail that may aid in troubleshooting.

We are experiencing a very similar problem. In that, a new user is created in AD (lets say usernameX1) and their email address is "usernameX1@contoso.com"

When "usernameX1@contoso.com emails our helpdesk, rather than binding it to the scanned AD user in LS (which has all the info, including assigned equipment) it will use a 'new user' style of user, without any of the AD binding. Examples included in these screenshots (personal info blocked out, obviously)

Here is the scanned AD info, which is the same username and email as the second screenshot. Notice here, there is no Helpdesk tab, and none of the user's tickets are mapped to this 'user'.

Now the second screenshot is the same user, with what looks like a LS generated amount of info, rather than binding the 2 together with the same name, email, and username:

This has only started happening recently, and is frustrating beyond belief.