Does the recent release provide rest API to manage assets

Thanks
Sri
21 REPLIES 21
nemBela
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I saw the following answer on the insider forum:
The On-Prem version does have an API for the helpdesk element, and for asset information you can connect directly to the SQL DB. There are no plans currently to add an Asset API to the on-prem version.

It may not be exactly what you are looking for but the ADP cloud version does sync all your assets from on-prem. So it will be possible to get API access to your on-prem assets via the ADP API.

So it seems that there will be no API for the on-prem version.
This is the closest thing I found: https://github.com/MarcoGriep88/API-Lansweeper (I haven't tried this)
Hope I could help.
GBInnovation
Engaged Sweeper III
Version 8 is there / 2020 and still NO API.
Definitivly not an Enterprise Product.
Pretty good for Small compagnies.

about to be 2021 and no API.
they have done a great job of keeping the app simple and the webportal responsive.
I've been using/recommending lansweeper at various companies for a long time now, the lack of API will force me away from it.

Poellie
Engaged Sweeper
Any news?
fabio_ugolini
Engaged Sweeper II
+1
Need more API for external integration
MichaelUnify
Engaged Sweeper III
I still ❤️ you lansweeper. Go get 'em tiger i believe in you!
podonnell
Engaged Sweeper
I hope there is some movement on this feature soon, it's becoming a must have for any product we use and Lansweeper missing a restful API is going to force us to migrate to another solution that does in the near future.

I know for a fact you are losing potential customers just from my own discussions who won't even consider implementing something that doesn't have an API, the time has long past where people consider this a nice to have feature, it's well an truly a must have standard. It's very jarring for people when they find out it doesn't have a programmatic interface, people react in the same perplexed fashion you'd expect if you told them it does not support user logins.
Anonymous
Not applicable
podonnell wrote:
I hope there is some movement on this feature soon, it's becoming a must have for any product we use and Lansweeper missing a restful API is going to force us to migrate to another solution that does in the near future.

I know for a fact you are losing potential customers just from my own discussions who won't even consider implementing something that doesn't have an API, the time has long past where people consider this a nice to have feature, it's well an truly a must have standard. It's very jarring for people when they find out it doesn't have a programmatic interface, people react in the same perplexed fashion you'd expect if you told them it does not support user logins.

This was also a point for my decision to abandon the renewal, the new product I'm using has it. https://snipe-it.readme.io/v4.0/reference
GBInnovation
Engaged Sweeper III
This is Shame/mess to not have an API over SQL DB.
Some opensource solutions exist...
we are near 2020...

please priortize your technical devlopment instead of your Sale Force/Marketing !