Notification

Icon
Error

Updating asset custom fields from Excel

Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:11:23 PM(UTC)
alfiet

alfiet

Member Original PosterPosts: 14
Hi,

We want to move some of the data we're currently storing against assets in an Excel spreadsheet to custom fields in Lansweeper. I know I can use the Edit\Mass Edit feature to manually do this but i was hoping there is a way to do this more efficiently.

The asset name exists in both sheets so i was hoping i could do something like run a SQL Update script for each asset, but I don't know if this is possible. I can only find this post , but the answer doesn't specifically explain how to do this in Lansweeper

Thanks
steveb
#1steveb Member Posts: 15  
posted: 1/28/2020 7:16:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: alfiet Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

We want to move some of the data we're currently storing against assets in an Excel spreadsheet to custom fields in Lansweeper. I know I can use the Edit\Mass Edit feature to manually do this but i was hoping there is a way to do this more efficiently.

The asset name exists in both sheets so i was hoping i could do something like run a SQL Update script for each asset, but I don't know if this is possible. I can only find this post , but the answer doesn't specifically explain how to do this in Lansweeper

Thanks

Try this. https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/importing-assets/
alfiet
#2alfiet Member Original PosterPosts: 14  
posted: 2/3/2020 1:57:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: steveb Go to Quoted Post

That link won't work for me as I want to update existing assets, not import brand new ones. We have 300 assets that we want to update with around 10 fields each, and we don't want to manually enter 3000 records.
krozar
#3krozar Member Posts: 7  
posted: 3/12/2020 3:23:28 PM(UTC)
I'm also looking for a mechanism to mass populate a custom field on thousands of devices. Unfortunately, the Mass Edit feature on the Assets tabs is insufficient for me as well, as the main Asset page does not display the field I need to filter against. It seems it's easy for me to generate a report based on the criteria I need to identify the devices that need the customer field populated, but impossible for me to add the required data. A mechanism to mass edit data based on report results would be great to have!

Active Discussions

Lansweeper All USB devices connected
by  earmor   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 1:35:37 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Software audit with installation date
by  RC62N   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 7/3/2020 3:39:41 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Duplicates (3-4) in report please helppppp!
by  AlexMZetec  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 7/2/2020 3:15:16 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Report to find all computers with no logon data
by  Andy.S  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 7/2/2020 9:55:53 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Change processes report to show opposite results
by  RC62N   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 6/29/2020 9:38:46 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Keep link to items when using column names
by  Tom Galvin