cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevora
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

We want to move some of the data we're currently storing against assets in an Excel spreadsheet to custom fields in Lansweeper. I know I can use the Edit\Mass Edit feature to manually do this but i was hoping there is a way to do this more efficiently.

The asset name exists in both sheets so i was hoping i could do something like run a SQL Update script for each asset, but I don't know if this is possible. I can only find this post , but the answer doesn't specifically explain how to do this in Lansweeper

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
krozar
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm also looking for a mechanism to mass populate a custom field on thousands of devices. Unfortunately, the Mass Edit feature on the Assets tabs is insufficient for me as well, as the main Asset page does not display the field I need to filter against. It seems it's easy for me to generate a report based on the criteria I need to identify the devices that need the customer field populated, but impossible for me to add the required data. A mechanism to mass edit data based on report results would be great to have!
steveb
Champion Sweeper
alfiet wrote:
Hi,

We want to move some of the data we're currently storing against assets in an Excel spreadsheet to custom fields in Lansweeper. I know I can use the Edit\Mass Edit feature to manually do this but i was hoping there is a way to do this more efficiently.

The asset name exists in both sheets so i was hoping i could do something like run a SQL Update script for each asset, but I don't know if this is possible. I can only find this post , but the answer doesn't specifically explain how to do this in Lansweeper

Thanks

Try this. https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/importing-assets/
trevora
Engaged Sweeper II
steveb wrote:

Try this. https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/importing-assets/

That link won't work for me as I want to update existing assets, not import brand new ones. We have 300 assets that we want to update with around 10 fields each, and we don't want to manually enter 3000 records.