Notification

Icon
Error

SCCM Scanning Failure

Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:04:23 PM(UTC)
stevce.brazeau

stevce.brazeau

Member Original PosterPosts: 10
Hello,
We're attempting to get Lansweeper to scan our SCCM deployment. We were pretty sure we added our domain lansweeper account to SCCM correctly.

We get this error when we attempt to scan.

Entity of type "SccmSoftware" in state "Added" has caused a DbUpdateException. SqlException Errors: -> Number 515: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DisplayName', table 'lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSccmSoftware'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails

Any tips?
Esben.D
#1Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,982  
posted: 10/4/2019 9:53:56 AM(UTC)
It's a known issue. As the error indicates, your SCCM has a software record that doesn't have a name (only version and maybe other info). Since Lansweeper requires a software name it erros.

This should be fixed in the 110 release of 7.2.

Theoretically, you can fix this by fixing the data in SCCM, but that's all at your own risk if you want to mess in the SCCM DB.
wanduster
#2wanduster Member Posts: 1  
posted: 10/17/2019 4:18:47 PM(UTC)
When is release 110 due out? I am having the same issue and would like to get the SCCM integration complete in my environment.
Esben.D
#3Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,982  
posted: 10/18/2019 9:45:15 AM(UTC)
I wish I could get you an answer but I simply don't have an ETA at the moment. As soon as it's done and tested. We want to get it out ASAP ourselves too.
Ozboyes
#4Ozboyes Member Posts: 7  
posted: 10/24/2019 7:08:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Esben.D Go to Quoted Post
I wish I could get you an answer but I simply don't have an ETA at the moment. As soon as it's done and tested. We want to get it out ASAP ourselves too.

I am also getting the same issue. Looks like it's not addressed in the latest releases.
Rocky Epp
#5Rocky Epp Member Posts: 1  
posted: 10/24/2019 3:50:46 PM(UTC)
It's a known issue. As the error indicates, your SCCM has a software record that doesn't have a name (only version and maybe other info). Since Lansweeper requires a software name it erros.

Theoretically, you can fix this by fixing the data in SCCM, but that's all at your own risk if you want to mess in the SCCM DB.

Anybody know what table in SCCM Lansweeper is looking at when scanning software??
Ozboyes
#6Ozboyes Member Posts: 7  
posted: 10/25/2019 12:23:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rocky Epp Go to Quoted Post

Anybody know what table in SCCM Lansweeper is looking at when scanning software??

Yes it's looking at table lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSccmSoftware and column name is "DisplayName". The column is set to "NOT NULL", so it cannot insert NULL values, and thats where it's failing.

I recreated the table in my LAB environment, and set the column to "Allow NULL", but it gave me another error, after that I got busy with other work.

Hopefully someone from Lansweeper can answer, else i'll have to lodge a ticket with them.
Esben.D
#7Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,982  
posted: 10/25/2019 1:54:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ozboyes Go to Quoted Post

Yes it's looking at table lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSccmSoftware and column name is "DisplayName". The column is set to "NOT NULL", so it cannot insert NULL values, and thats where it's failing.

I recreated the table in my LAB environment, and set the column to "Allow NULL", but it gave me another error, after that I got busy with other work.

Hopefully someone from Lansweeper can answer, else i'll have to lodge a ticket with them.

Correct. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself to change the field to allow NULL. Maybe (a big maybe) our support team can give you more details on that. But generally speaking this would be a database modification that is not supported.

Ozboyes
#8Ozboyes Member Posts: 7  
posted: 10/26/2019 12:51:57 AM(UTC)

Correct. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself to change the field to allow NULL. Maybe (a big maybe) our support team can give you more details on that. But generally speaking this would be a database modification that is not supported.

That's correct it would be a database modification, I wonder whether this issue is only to few users or everyone? I n my opinion it should have affected everyone not only few of us, as this is database related issue.
Esben.D
#9Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,982  
posted: 10/28/2019 3:07:26 PM(UTC)
I don't have exact numbers but I don't think it is everyone. This will only occur when SCCM has a software record without a name. Which I don't think everyone has.
H. Giritzer
#10H. Giritzer Member Posts: 2  
posted: 12/17/2019 8:15:14 AM(UTC)
We have Lansweeper 7.2.106.35 (the latest version currently) and the exact same error message.
So for us, there's no (working) SCCM integration in Lansweeper right now.
Barb B.
#11Barb B. Member Posts: 1  
posted: 12/23/2019 3:07:20 PM(UTC)
I am also having the same issue. Was told a solution for this will be referenced as LAN-4010 in the changelog.
SirBrent1980
#12SirBrent1980 Member Posts: 1  
posted: 1/6/2020 8:52:28 PM(UTC)
We are also getting a similar error and thus the SCCM integration is not working. See below:

"The operation failed: The relationship could not be changed because one or more of the foreign-key properties is non-nullable. When a change is made to a relationship, the related foreign-key property is set to a null value. If the foreign-key does not support null values, a new relationship must be defined, the foreign-key property must be assigned another non-null value, or the unrelated object must be deleted."
dlouis@cyberadvisors.com
posted: 1/13/2020 9:23:25 PM(UTC)
Just set up SCCM scanning and we're getting the same issue as well. Looking forward to that 7.2.110 update that's been in the works for over 3 months!
Ozboyes
#14Ozboyes Member Posts: 7  
posted: 3/13/2020 5:35:51 AM(UTC)
I am now getting below error Brick wall
Quote:

The operation failed: The relationship could not be changed because one or more of the foreign-key properties is non-nullable. When a change is made to a relationship, the related foreign-key property is set to a null value. If the foreign-key does not support null values, a new relationship must be defined, the foreign-key property must be assigned another non-null value, or the unrelated object must be deleted.
gdavid
#15gdavid Member Posts: 58  
posted: 4/29/2020 9:03:15 PM(UTC)
Quote:

The operation failed: The relationship could not be changed because one or more of the foreign-key properties is non-nullable. When a change is made to a relationship, the related foreign-key property is set to a null value. If the foreign-key does not support null values, a new relationship must be defined, the foreign-key property must be assigned another non-null value, or the unrelated object must be deleted.

getting the same error on v. 8.0.130.10
joel.marquis
#16joel.marquis Member Posts: 5  
posted: 4/30/2020 4:38:26 PM(UTC)
Quote:

Same error, version 8.0.130.12
jclawed
#17jclawed Member Posts: 2  
posted: 5/6/2020 3:58:49 PM(UTC)
I updated to 8.0.130.14 this morning. We've never been able to scan SCCM. As with above, we were told a fix was coming with changelog 4010.

Entity of type "SccmSoftware" in state "Added" has caused a DbUpdateException. SqlException Errors: -> Number 515: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DisplayName', table 'lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSccmSoftware'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper snmp trap HP 1910 switch
by  info   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 11:52:17 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Lsagent cloud relay changes the scanserver value
by  ghelpdesk  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 2:45:11 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Is there a chance to get the firewall off via Lansweeper?
by  RedWood   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 11:23:31 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Not working Wake on Lan
by  RedWood  
Last post: Yesterday at 11:17:33 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Wake on Lan Issues
by  RedWood   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 11:06:12 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper New Web Interface
by  anpatterson03  
Last post: Yesterday at 10:05:19 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper LsAgent failing - Lansweeper SSL Expired
by  nlertn-PRE   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 9:34:12 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Outgoing help desk mail
by  KeithBecker  
Last post: Yesterday at 6:03:27 PM(UTC)