cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
I realize that available status is not immediate, but I was wondering if there is any way (now or upcoming) perhaps when I could do a deployment when something comes available, I would assume in conjunction with the LSagent.

Here is my use case - Laptops (that are on the network) and I need to deploy some files to them, but it's kind of pain to catch them when they are on.

6 REPLIES 6
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
Is there any reason why you wouldn't or shouldn't just put LSagent on every computer? Seems like that would almost be easiest.
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
I've never really made use of LSPush. Does it stay on the server or do you deploy the .exe for it to the individual machines that you need to scan?
jwood.mls wrote:
I've never really made use of LSPush. Does it stay on the server or do you deploy the .exe for it to the individual machines that you need to scan?

It goes on the machine or server and call it via a login script or startup script.

Where as ls agent is installed on the machine.
Peter_Riederer
Engaged Sweeper III
jwood.mls wrote:
I realize that available status is not immediate, but I was wondering if there is any way (now or upcoming) perhaps when I could do a deployment when something comes available, I would assume in conjunction with the LSagent.

Here is my use case - Laptops (that are on the network) and I need to deploy some files to them, but it's kind of pain to catch them when they are on.

We use LSagent. We create a report where the software or update e.G. is missing. Then create a scheduled deployment Task with option "after scanning" LS-Agent service starts when a computer has booted, scans the machine and runs the deployment task.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
jwood.mls wrote:

We have solved this using LSPUSH and setting up a task scheduler to run on IP address change..

Here is how our works.

Computer wakes up, task scheduler triggers detect IP change or logon to machine and it triggers LSPUSH scan which send reports to server, lansweeper server has After Scan tasks setup to execute to push the needed files.

Task Scheduler XML file is below.. modify to your needs (software location and server details)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Task version="1.3" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">
<RegistrationInfo>
<Date>2017-06-15T10:41:50.1757751</Date>
<Author>SYSTEM</Author>
<Description>LSPUSH TASK</Description>
<URI>\LSPush</URI>
</RegistrationInfo>
<Triggers>
<CalendarTrigger>
<StartBoundary>2017-06-12T10:00:00-04:00</StartBoundary>
<ExecutionTimeLimit>PT30M</ExecutionTimeLimit>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<RandomDelay>PT30M</RandomDelay>
<ScheduleByDay>
<DaysInterval>1</DaysInterval>
</ScheduleByDay>
</CalendarTrigger>
<LogonTrigger>
<ExecutionTimeLimit>PT30M</ExecutionTimeLimit>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Delay>PT15M</Delay>
</LogonTrigger>
<EventTrigger>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Subscription>&lt;QueryList&gt;&lt;Query Id="0" Path="Microsoft-Windows-NetworkProfile/Operational"&gt;&lt;Select Path="Microsoft-Windows-NetworkProfile/Operational"&gt;*[System[Provider[@Name='Microsoft-Windows-NetworkProfile'] and EventID=10000]]&lt;/Select&gt;&lt;/Query&gt;&lt;/QueryList&gt;</Subscription>
</EventTrigger>
</Triggers>
<Principals>
<Principal id="Author">
<UserId>S-1-5-18</UserId>
<RunLevel>HighestAvailable</RunLevel>
</Principal>
</Principals>
<Settings>
<MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy>
<DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>false</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>
<StopIfGoingOnBatteries>false</StopIfGoingOnBatteries>
<AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate>
<StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable>
<RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>true</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>
<IdleSettings>
<StopOnIdleEnd>true</StopOnIdleEnd>
<RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle>
</IdleSettings>
<AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Hidden>true</Hidden>
<RunOnlyIfIdle>false</RunOnlyIfIdle>
<DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>false</DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>
<UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>true</UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>
<WakeToRun>false</WakeToRun>
<ExecutionTimeLimit>PT72H</ExecutionTimeLimit>
<Priority>7</Priority>
</Settings>
<Actions Context="Author">
<Exec>
<Command>C:\{LSPUSH LOCATION}\lspush.exe</Command>
<Arguments>LansweeperServer.COM 9524</Arguments>
<WorkingDirectory>%systemroot%\LsPush</WorkingDirectory>
</Exec>
</Actions>
</Task>

CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
jwood.mls wrote:

Set Deploy and retry for upto a week.

Then on next scan it should pick them up and deploy.

The other option is to create a report for said assests.

Eg we have a report that is for machines that don't have our service desk shortcut.

It uses custom file scanning to see if the file is there, if it isn't it shows on the report. Then we have a scheduled deployment that references that report and installs as required. So any time a new machine is added to the network they normally have the service desk shortcut within 15 minutes.