Notification

Icon
Error

SSH - Keyboard Interactive Authentication

Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:29:09 PM(UTC)
KevinA-REJIS

KevinA-REJIS

Member Original PosterPosts: 20
We have several Dell PowerEdge servers with iDRAC connections. We've previously been able to scan them with SSH credentials, but now we're experiencing a problem.

We recently updated the drivers/firmware on the servers, including iDRAC. Following this, Lansweeper has been unable to scan iDRAC (seems limited to iDRAC8, version 2.70.70.70), saying it cannot connect to SSH with the supplied credentials. After doing some digging, I found in the release notes for that iDRAC version that keyboard interactive authentication has been enabled in its SSH server, requiring both password and keyboard to log in (confirmed when trying to connect with PuTTY).

Is there any way around this?

Link to release notes:

https://topics-cdn.dell....f/idracv2_70rn_en-us.pdf
Esben.D
#1Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,976  
posted: 12/6/2019 11:48:07 AM(UTC)
Is there no way to turn off this feature?

I'm not sure how there would be a way to work around it other than to try and turn off that functionality at the moment.

What I can do is forward this to the right people so we can take a look at it to see what we can do. So thanks for bringing this up!
RKCar
#2RKCar Member Posts: 64  
posted: 12/6/2019 4:03:02 PM(UTC)
Interesting. Do you happen to use a vulnerability scanner as well? Just curious to know if that is still able to scan successfully.

The fact that you posted this may have saved me a troubleshooting headache somewhere down the line when I inevitably would add our iDRAC credentials and find that it wasn't working.
KevinA-REJIS
#3KevinA-REJIS Member Original PosterPosts: 20  
posted: 12/6/2019 5:22:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Esben.D Go to Quoted Post
Is there no way to turn off this feature?

I'm not sure how there would be a way to work around it other than to try and turn off that functionality at the moment.

What I can do is forward this to the right people so we can take a look at it to see what we can do. So thanks for bringing this up!

I looked through the documentation for that iDRAC firmware level but didn't see anything. I created a topic on Dell's support forums to see if it's possible.

Originally Posted by: RKCar Go to Quoted Post
Interesting. Do you happen to use a vulnerability scanner as well? Just curious to know if that is still able to scan successfully.

The fact that you posted this may have saved me a troubleshooting headache somewhere down the line when I inevitably would add our iDRAC credentials and find that it wasn't working.

We do have an AlienVault vulnerability scanner, but it's managed by our LAN/WAN team so I don't know if it's still able to scan.
Esben.D
#4Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,976  
posted: 12/11/2019 4:48:11 PM(UTC)
If you can't turn this off, it might be a good idea to contact the support team and let them know, just in case I miss it. That way we can start looking into it more.
KevinA-REJIS
#5KevinA-REJIS Member Original PosterPosts: 20  
posted: 12/11/2019 7:44:48 PM(UTC)
A Dell mod responded on the support forums, they are not aware of a method to turn it off.

https://www.dell.com/com...ation/m-p/7427565#M28321

I will send an email to Lansweeper support.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Asset Out of Warranty & Asset Out of Warranty in 60 Days Reports
by  RC62N   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 10:29:35 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Voip Phone to Computer
by  lansend  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 1:27:10 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Report Showing custom registry keys scanned
by  impagian   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 1/23/2020 4:01:34 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Dell Update v3.0
by  gmw158  
Last post: 1/22/2020 5:42:19 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Report to compare softwareVersion
Last post: 1/22/2020 4:57:16 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Dublicate entries (multiple lines with assetname)
by  wkorrubel  
Last post: 1/22/2020 10:10:28 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Only show string right of character N
Last post: 1/20/2020 10:36:12 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Report From Lansweeper For My Company
by  RC62N  
Last post: 1/17/2020 6:59:47 PM(UTC)