cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kajetan
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

Our Lansweeper initial web loading takes (in our opinion) too much time. Login window should prompt in less than 2 seconds, becouse it you only type credentials there, but it takes about 10 secons. I'll add that this problem only occurs on mentioned initial web loading (also appears on helpdesk initial screen). After loggin to Lansweeper, it works smoothly.

What can cause that ?

Database is on diffrent machine than LS. Web is on IIS.

Regards,

Cody
5 REPLIES 5
brianinca
Engaged Sweeper II
I just pulled up the LS page over a VPN connection, few beats to login screen, few beats to Dashboard. We have about 1200 active assets, but given this is all displaying remotely the size of the recordset probably doesn't have a lot to do with it.

Is it possible your SQL Server is overloaded? Here's a list I've used before: https://www.sentryone.com/blog/allenwhite/sql-server-performance-counters-to-monitor

Do you run a maintenance routine on it? If you don't have a dedicated DBA a good starting point for jumping off is here: https://ola.hallengren.com/

Something seems terribly wrong with performance issues like that.
Kajetan
Engaged Sweeper
Sorry for double posting but logon window is now prompting fast, but first page - lansweeper and helpdesk - launches about 5-7 seconds. Does assets amount has anything to do with page loading time ? We have about 2000 assets.
Kajetan
Engaged Sweeper
RKCar
Do you use AD authentication or local authentication?

We're using AD authentication. When standard user want to open helpdesk site it takes about 15 seconds to load. Login window appear only in private window of the web browser.

Brian Fulmer
One of the things I like best about LS is the responsiveness, can you describe your configuration?

Website and Scanserver are hosted on VM with 8 GB RAM and Windows Server 2016.

Database server stands on Physical Machine with 10core processor and 32 GB RAM with SQL Server 2016. We are not usig WID.

About utilization. It takes up to 10% of the CPU.

brianinca
Engaged Sweeper II
One of the things I like best about LS is the responsiveness, can you describe your configuration?

The login screen should load essentially as the browser window appears.

I run LS in a VM that has a couple of named instances of SQL Express on it, one for LS and one for Veeam ONE. It's only got 16GB of RAM and 4 vCPU's, which are idling most of the time.

Are you using the Windows Internal Database, maybe? What does your processor utilization look like when you login?

Cm.Cody wrote:
Hello,

Our Lansweeper initial web loading takes (in our opinion) too much time. Login window should prompt in less than 2 seconds, becouse it you only type credentials there, but it takes about 10 secons. I'll add that this problem only occurs on mentioned initial web loading (also appears on helpdesk initial screen). After loggin to Lansweeper, it works smoothly.

What can cause that ?

Database is on diffrent machine than LS. Web is on IIS.

Regards,

Cody

grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Do you use AD authentication or local authentication?

EDIT: Just some additional information about my environment. We also have SQL on another server with the website hosted on one of our scan servers which is handling less of the scanning load. Authentication is Windows Integrated and automatically logs our users in when they visit the webpage. Authentication in our instance is essentially instant.