cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doron
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
I am trying to check if a specific folder exists into users folder but Lansweeper does not seem to accept user profile variable (%USERPROFILE%).
Example of folder: %USERPROFILE%\appdata\specialfoldername
Is there a way to create a report for this purpose?
5 REPLIES 5
rallen
Engaged Sweeper II
I looked as well. The best I could come up with is to save a custom report and just change that entry in the WHERE clause part of the code. For example, I have a short report to look for Windows errors. The line of code I alter is:

Where tblNtlog.Eventcode = 0 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

I just go in and change the Eventcode =[ERROR CODE] number to the desired code. I can then run that report, or save and run if I wish to return to that error code and retitle as such (01_ErrorCodeReport_6008)

Hope this helps

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I don't think there is a real solution for it at the moment. To scan the data it has to be done with registry or file scanning, and you'll have to work with the constraints there.

Theoretically, you could create a deployment package with a script that puts the info in a registry key you scan. But that seems like a long workaround.
ed_conant
Engaged Sweeper
I'm looking for help on this as well. I have an application that gets installed to Users\CurrentUser\AppData\Local.

I need to scan that folder then either continue the installation or stop it.
Doron
Engaged Sweeper
I tried file scanning and reports...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Are you trying to use file scanning for this?

File scanning requires an exact path and doesn't accept variables.