cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikey_
Engaged Sweeper III
I have iPhones blocked from scanning, but if the scan doesn't see it as an iPhone, then it is not going to skip it. This was fixed once before. What happened? See attached image.

I have to manually delete these because they are scanned as "Network device". And I have much more, this was only one remote site. Its happening in all of them. This elevates my inventory count, thus my license goes breach.

Thank you!

Mike
4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Could something like this be used to tell it that its an iPhone vs a Network Device.

Is it a new model iPhone that is being picked up or multiple older model devices as well?

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/changing-an-assets-asset-type/#heading2
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm not sure this is something that can be fixed. I think Lansweeper will only be able to identify iPhones in the subnet of the scanning server. Otherwise, it will only get an IP address. If it can't be identified as an iPhone, it also can't be excluded by excluding iPhones.

The best way to prevent this is to not have "Saved Pinged IP" enabled in your IP Range scanning target options. Or prevent scanning IP ranges with phones on it.
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
I think Lansweeper will only be able to identify iPhones in the subnet of the scanning server.

How does it identify iPhones? At https://www.lansweeper.com/asset/ios-device/ it says " The Lansweeper deepscan engine can retrieve basic iOS device information by utilizing iOS-specific ports."

This seems suspect, especially if the device is sleeping.

I would expect all iOS devices to be network unknowns.
Mikey_
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
I think Lansweeper will only be able to identify iPhones in the subnet of the scanning server. Otherwise, it will only get an IP address. If it can't be identified as an iPhone, it also can't be excluded by excluding iPhones.

The best way to prevent this is to not have "Saved Pinged IP" enabled in your IP Range scanning target options. Or prevent scanning IP ranges with phones on it.

Not sure what changed, because it used to identify iPhones. But I will try the uncheck saved pinged IP option to see if it will exclude them.

Thanks!

Mike

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now