Engaged Sweeper II
Hi

Does the recent release provide rest API to manage assets

Thanks
Sri
21 REPLIES 21
l33t9eek
Engaged Sweeper II
We very much could use this as well to push some automation that we very much need. Right now editing a lansweeper entry is the only manual step we have for computer deployment.
WintelESDHL
Engaged Sweeper II
It is really necesary, I hope we get something soon.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I can't give any sort of timeframes. All I can say is that we know it is a popular request.
gdavid
Champion Sweeper
i hope this comes out soon, i dont want to support a work around via sql scripts
ChrisParr
Engaged Sweeper II
Any news on this? This is becoming a more and more critical requirement for us too.
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Lack of asset management API's was the primary driver that forced us to ServiceNow.
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
MichaelUnify
Engaged Sweeper III
Was just in the middle of writing the code required to pull MDM device info from our provider to inject cell phones into Lansweeper....just imagine my disappointment 😞

As lansweeper makes it into larger and larger organisations *wink* *wink* this is going to become more and more of an issue. Help me help you Lansweeper team.

Guess i'll create AD objects instead? *shudders* so unnecessarily ugly.
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Any progress with this feature request? API's are badly needed. I may have to start looking for another product if LS can't share what the roadmap looks like for this.
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
An asset management API is not yet in Lansweeper.

I've linked the topic to the feature request.
Esben.D wrote:
An asset management API is not yet in Lansweeper.

I've linked the topic to the feature request.

This is honestly one of those painfully missing features; as a colleague put it, "It's 2019, why don't they have a rest API yet?"

It's to the point where we're going to write our own or wholesale replace lansweeper (which I am loathe to do, but my hand may be forced soon.) 😕

I'd love for any type of update on this ("API" is too sort to search for in the forum)